Nate77
    Participant
    @nate77

This my lastest tattoo and can’t wait to get more.
    63024_10200954086357255_1453301076_n.jpg

argedion
    Participant
    @argedion

interesting seems to have decent lines

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Yep that sure is a pumpkin tattoo. I hope you have thick skin and aren’t in love with your tattooist.
    it could have been done better.

Nate77
    Participant
    @nate77

OK, i’m in no way a tattoo authority in any way so enlighten me. I’m all ears.

I would like to add that this picture was taken the day the it was done.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Here are some examples of better done ones do you see the difference?

tatt4.jpg

pumpkin%20tattoo,%20jack-o-lantern%20tattoo,%20scotty%20munster%20tattoo2.jpg

halloween-pumpkin-tattoo.jpg

pumpkinpatch.jpg

pumpkin-skull-tattoo.jpg

Nate77
    Participant
    @nate77

@buttwheat 128488 wrote:

Here are some examples of better done ones do you see the difference?

tatt4.jpg

pumpkin%20tattoo,%20jack-o-lantern%20tattoo,%20scotty%20munster%20tattoo2.jpg

halloween-pumpkin-tattoo.jpg

pumpkinpatch.jpg

pumpkin-skull-tattoo.jpg

Sure i see a difference. I see several different artists, with several different styles. I wanted a black and white jack o’lantern. That’s what i got. i chose the eyes nose and mouth design and left the rest to him.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!

Yep, it could have been better. Choose a tattoo ARTIST for your next piece.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@Nate77 128489 wrote:

Sure i see a difference. I see several different artists, with several different styles. I wanted a black and white jack o’lantern. That’s what i got. i chose the eyes nose and mouth design and left the rest to him.

They are also very well done tattoos.
    For future reference it is black and grey not black and white.
    I’m really not trying to bust your balls I just think there is way to much talent out there for people to walk around with mediocre tattoos. If you stick around we can help make your next tattoo a kick ass tattoo.

anonymous
    Participant
    @anonymous

The line work looks ok; the shading is where it falls apart. I would definitely find a new artist, but that said, this tattoo isn’t awful.

metalmancpa
    Participant
    @metalmancpa

@buttwheat 128494 wrote:

They are also very well done tattoos.
    For future reference it is black and grey not black and white.
    I’m really not trying to bust your balls I just think there is way to much talent out there for people to walk around with mediocre tattoos. If you stick around we can help make your next tattoo a kick ass tattoo.

Trust me on the sticking around part.

Have thick skin, listen and learn. My first “Oh My God” tattoo that I thought was excellent has since been covered by an Artist. I listened, started to research, and I feel I truly became part of the tattoo community. Some may consider me a snob or stuck up, but I learned what it’s about to get permanent art on my body (and let’s not talk about laser removal as a way out).

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@metalmancpa 128497 wrote:

Trust me on the sticking around part.

Have thick skin, listen and learn. My first “Oh My God” tattoo that I thought was excellent has since been covered by an Artist. I listened, started to research, and I feel I truly became part of the tattoo community. Some may consider me a snob or stuck up, but I learned what it’s about to get permanent art on my body (and let’s not talk about laser removal as a way out).

Without a doubt.

Amok
    Participant
    @amok

I think it could be fixed by someone like Pangburn if you’re willing.

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

Metalman is a true success story. Yeah he got bashed a little bit in the beginning but he also listened, stuck around and now he gets it.

metalmancpa
    Participant
    @metalmancpa

@yodaddynukka 128503 wrote:

Metalman is a true success story. Yeah he got bashed a little bit in the beginning but he also listened, stuck around and now he gets it.

Thanks. I have come a long way. I’m glad I was “bashed” here and on the other forum. It taught me a lot about the industry forcing me to research and do my homework, and I saw far beyond my initial impression of a bunch of “who do they think they are people” on the internet. I had the thick skin and I listened.

I may not have the best tattoos around, but compared to a large amount of what I see on the street, I’d say my choice of Gunnar doing my original piece and cover up was a very good one, and I really am proud of the ink I have. I’ll never look back, and when I get the itch down the road, I will search hard and travel if need be to get the work done (Gunnar was a 1,500 mile round trip twice, and well worth it).

Nate77
    Participant
    @nate77

LOL i have to say i get a chuckle out of the response for this tattoo, i am perfectly happy with it to be honest with you all. I would not blame the person who did this tattoo, because its what i asked for and its what i got. The design i gave him came from color and i asked for black and “gray” based on the pic i gave even though i asked for the eyes nose and mouth he more or less took the design from the picture i gave him. I’m a firm believer in getting the tattoo i want and not the one the artists wants to do. Covering it up or getting it laser removed as someone mentioned would be completely out of the question if anything some time down the road i may add some color to it. but i doubt i’ll even do that. Thanks for the replies and the correction on my word smithing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.