Gus330
    Participant
    @gus330

I need an honest opinion on this piece. It is a phoenix that is a coverup of a dark black tattoo.
    I feel like something else could be added to it to make it a better tattoo. I think the head of the phoenix needs something else added.
    What do you guys think?

BDTyCvV.jpg

Gus330
    Participant
    @gus330

The tail feathers I also am unsure of. I think they need to be pointy feathers or have some darker colors in it.

k7tOLxT.jpg

2CvS6RP.jpg

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!

The head seems a bit odd. I don’t know what you could add to it to improve it.
    Those tail feathers very strange.

Good luck, keep us posted.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Break out the laser

Gus330
    Participant
    @gus330

these are pretty much the worst colors for a lazer right? Great

Panter
    Participant
    @panter

Personally I think it’s awful, can’t see what you could really add to that other than laser.
    Good luck with it anyway

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

very badly done.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@Gus330 124345 wrote:

these are pretty much the worst colors for a lazer right? Great

Should have come to the forums before getting tattooed

argedion
    Participant
    @argedion

it’s such a big dark piece that I have to agree with the laser.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

For me I don’t like it, it looks like a blob of colour, sorry 🙂

Thaela
    Participant
    @thaela

The head looks vulture-ish to me, maybe because of the fleshy color? And the tail reminds me of peacock feathers instead flame-like feathers that I picture in my head when I imagine a phoenix.

When I think of a phoenix, I think of oranges, reds and yellow colors – like fire. This looks more like a peacock because of the greens and blues, and it kind of has a gryphon-like feel to it from the position of the bird’s body and claws.

I’m not sure what else could be done to the head to make it look more phoenix-like. If anything, adding some plumage may make it look even more like a peacock.

Gus330
    Participant
    @gus330

What do you mean by plumage? I’m going to a reputable artist tomorrow to discuss what can be done. I’m not sure he can really do anything to make it a nice looking tattoo because there’s so much dark ink. Hopefully he has some sort of idea what to do. Otherwise I’m getting lazered.

Thaela
    Participant
    @thaela
    NeverBSatisfied
    Participant
    @neverbsatisfied

I winced at this one only because I know what a bad coverup consists of. I should know, I had one and I’m still in the process of getting it all worked out. This Saturday is another session for myself as a matter of fact. I now have a 6th sense establishing when to pull the trigger in a nice piece. Good luck dude, I hope you get it straightened out eventually.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.