mrs_prawln
    Participant
    @mrs_prawln

Hi all!

My second tattoo was this “really cool” tribal-esque design that i found online.. well, it was cool when i was 18 anyway.
    I want to get it covered up, but i’m not sure whether it can be covered as-is (i presume not because its so dark) or whether i need laser first etc etc.
    I’m looking for advice really.. i’m kind of embarassed of it, and i want something bigger and better.
    Basically, i know people will say “you should have thought about it before you got it”, which I did..and some people aren’t fans of cover-ups, but thats what i want to do.

Thanks in advance!

Here it is…

iggybuddi
    Participant
    @iggybuddi

I’m sure we’re all just happy to hear that you realize it’s crap, and want to better yourself. 🙂

That being said, and I’m no expert, I’d definitely say you’ll need some laser for that. The lighter the laser makes it, the more options you’ll have as to what you can get over it. Make sure to go to a SPECTACULAR artist, who has a portfolio of solid, healed cover ups.

Now boyssss….be nice. 😉

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Get that zapped with a laser a couple times then some floral work could cover it real nice. But your first step would to find a top notch artist that does coverups and take their advice on how much lasering it will need.

mrs_prawln
    Participant
    @mrs_prawln

Thanks guys, I thought that would be the case but wanted to get a bit of advice from some good honest people 🙂

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

This is next to impossible to cover up in this current state. It’s too dark, and it’s too big and compact. So the artist won’t have any space to do a coverup on, since the trick with coverups is to hide the “dark” as shadows/shade in the new tattoo. So if you’re not into having a black man eating a gigantic raisin, you have to zap this.

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

It looks to me to be quite raised. If so, that’s going to make it even more difficult to cover.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.