Greenkid
Participant
@greenkid

Hey all, I have seen some cool ink here, so here’s my first post to join your ranks.. it’s first ink as well, I got this about 6 months ago

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

welcome to the ranks, pretty tough character to start with a rib piece, we like that

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Looks ace!

Is it anyone in particular?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Welcome not the typical spot for a first tattoo

Greenkid
Participant
@greenkid
peterpoose;114176 wrote:
Looks ace!

Is it anyone in particular?

Thank you, I think the artist did a great job..

She is Samantha Reed Smith, here is a link with more info
http://www.samanthasmith.info/History1.htm

I stumbled upon her story and was just… grabbed by it, you know? Feel like there’s a little part of her in me

And that’s what I’m always told; that the ribs are an unusual spot to start… ways I see it, there’s nowhere to go but uphill from here, right? ๐Ÿ˜€

I was more nervous about the fact that I was getting a portrait, but I went to ‘the guy’ in town, and wasn’t disapointed

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Sad story ๐Ÿ™

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Looks good. ๐Ÿ™‚

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Very good! and well done the fact that you actually got a good tattoo for your first tattoo. Some people have all of there tattoo’s very good but it’s rare to find especially for a 1st.

Greenkid
Participant
@greenkid

Thank you for the positive words, guys.. and Peter, it is a sad story I guess but also hopeful in a way.. I think every person has had the same thoughts Samantha did during their lifetime. It just goes to show, that it takes someone with the “audacity” to actually stand up and convince the world it can change for the better, for the world to listen.. I just admire that in her, she was not yet preoccupied with the rat race, or saving face with the “popular kids” or anything like that.. she just asked the question burning in people’s minds and did her best to get not only answers, but good answers.. takes some courage to go outside people’s safe zones by demanding better of them!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.