catlin123
Participant
@catlin123

I really dont wanna have to resort to lazer removal, I think fixing it will be much cheaper, anyways.

So basically, I got a cover-up of my first tatto (this is before I decided to do the half sleeve. So now I basically have a black smudge on my shoulder and for some unknown reason the guy put some swirly crap right next to it (I did not ask for this part) so now I have this mess on my shoulder area. I have no clue how to make this not look like crap, what can I do to save this mess? I am really depressed over this and I cant stand looking at it.

I am not worried about the work on my arm that will get fixed/colored/added more stuff later on, my area of concern is on my shoulder area. Please help me know how I can fix this.

C360_2012-05-04-04-30-23-1.jpg

EDIT: I can not believe a shop did this mess, I went back and brought up that I was unsatisfied with it and he got offended and told me “Don’t like my work? There is the door. I dont even want to work on you anymore, think next time before you come at people like that”

I thought it was a business not someones house? Where is the customer service?

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

wasnt a very good shop and you would not want to return to someone whose work you just said you didnt like

the spot is solid black, it needs laser to ever be anything good

catlin123
Participant
@catlin123
mrchen;112855 wrote:
wasnt a very good shop and you would not want to return to someone whose work you just said you didnt like

the spot is solid black, it needs laser to ever be anything good

Well that really isnt an option for me, so I have to add more to cover it and make it look better. I have to add work onto my chest but I dont know what to put.

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

You can’t cover a hunk black space. Laser is the only option.

catlin123
Participant
@catlin123
GrayCatLove;112880 wrote:
You can’t cover a hunk black space. Laser is the only option.

Ok, I realize I can’t COVER it, but I was hoping I could get some input on how to FIX it, like incorporate somethign else into it, add back round stuff, something. Any ideas?

Maybe something like this? Since it uses alot of black it could BLEND in with the crap on my shoulder and I can add some wind bars/waves behind it?

newtattoo1_large.jpg

EDIT: This is how it looked before the cover up, I REALLY think the artist could have done more than simply put black over it, but he said putting black over it was the only way.

313054_10150351432198853_523243852_8191698_1691277913_n.jpg

Before and after cover up. I guess to be fair I only paid $60 and it took about 20 min of work
asd.jpg

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

I dont think u understand. What people are telling u is that there is no way to FIX this without LASERING first. Its solid black. Maybe, big maybe,a world class cover-up artist like tim pangburn can do something but is probably unlikely.

catlin123
Participant
@catlin123
yodaddynukka;112885 wrote:
I dont think u understand. What people are telling u is that there is no way to FIX this without LASERING first. Its solid black. Maybe, big maybe,a world class cover-up artist like tim pangburn can do something but is probably unlikely.

Ok then nevermind, I guess I should google my nearest removal place and start saving, id say im going to need around $1,000 to remove? I just thought it would be cheaper/easier to add more and just try and improve it, thanks anyways.

catlin123
Participant
@catlin123

Just doodling around in photoshop I sorta want this shape but not the designs

crap.jpg

catlin123
Participant
@catlin123

New design idea, with wind bars behind the flowers to blend

535361_169998933127183_100003512332256_254759_675152541_n.jpg

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

its always gonna be a shitty black chunk of nothing……………about $60 bucks worth………..you got what you paid for (sorry)…………you dont seem to want to listen (sorry) but we dont want you to make another…..yes another mistake and have even more crap to remove………….do your self a HUGE favor, do it right this time

Ironmagister
@

Perhaps you could get something put into (on to?) it with white ink? A design within a design as it were.

irishman301
Participant
@irishman301

I don’t think it looks too bad honestly.

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

I like your idea of adding to it, and the first picture would be pretty solid.. You can add whatever the hell you want to also, but if you’re wanting to get it covered then listen to the other guys, you’ll have to get it toned down with some laser treatments..

I really don’t think it would look that bad with something added by a professional artist.. I’ve got to stress the importance of a professional, don’t pay $60 for a tattoo ever again..

Blend in another Japanese piece on your chest and I think that it will turn out just fine

Zaotar
Participant
@zaotar

It doesn’t look too bad to me tbh, but if you want to improve it, I don’t see how adding to it will help. It’s just going to compound the problem.

catlin123
Participant
@catlin123
mrchen;112962 wrote:
its always gonna be a shitty black chunk of nothing……………about $60 bucks worth………..you got what you paid for (sorry)…………you dont seem to want to listen (sorry) but we dont want you to make another…..yes another mistake and have even more crap to remove………….do your self a HUGE favor, do it right this time

Dude look.

I understand this. But I currently dont have the money to invest into removing it, so my only real options are as follows.

– Leave it alone looking unfinished and like shit.

– Try and add more to at least improve it, I know I wont be able to cover it, but I just want it to LOOK better, that’s simply all im trying to do.

Thank you for your replies.

I was told the following in order to remove.

– $150 per session
-Once a month
-Typically takes about 5 sessions at least
-Not guarenteed to be fully removed.

So thats almost $1,000 just to remove that small area, you know how much ink I can get for $1,000?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.