Cardinal
Participant
@cardinal

So yesterday I took a little trip down to have my thigh piece finished. I cannot say enough good things about the studio and the people, both days have been fantastic. ๐Ÿ™‚

By David Corden.

The Northern Cardinal was done about four weeks ago, the rest is fresh. I had to take the picture myself when I got home last night – not easy with bad light!

Now to plan the next piece… ๐Ÿ˜€

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

Amazing quality and detail! Congrats on the new ink!

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Wow, really nice!!

Panter
Participant
@panter

Looks fantastic, congratulations ๐Ÿ˜Ž

It is a nice studio isn’t it ๐Ÿ™‚ depending on which artists music is on on the day!

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

beautiful work, congrats

ezrider
Participant
@ezrider

Congrats on the great work, it looks really good.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

I would kill for a piece by corden!

Cardinal
Participant
@cardinal

I look at it, and can’t believe it’s mine ๐Ÿ˜€

Panter;112672 wrote:
It is a nice studio isn’t it ๐Ÿ™‚ depending on which artists music is on on the day!

I think I must have been in on two days when Jim was picking ๐Ÿ˜‰

I shall definitely be going back ๐Ÿ™‚

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Awesome! Congrats to you! I know you have to be completely elated!! :):):):):):):)

Cardinal
Participant
@cardinal
msmercury;112683 wrote:
Awesome! Congrats to you! I know you have to be completely elated!! :):):):):):):)

Yes, most definitely ๐Ÿ˜€

Panter
Participant
@panter
Cardinal;112679 wrote:

I think I must have been in on two days when Jim was picking ๐Ÿ˜‰

I shall definitely be going back ๐Ÿ™‚

Ouchie ๐Ÿ˜€

Did you get to looks at some of Dan’s work? he’s another on my list although all the artists seem to be of a high standard. The new artist, Tracey, has been doing some lovely old school work as well.

Roll on November!

Cardinal
Participant
@cardinal

Oh I really like Dan’s work. It was through a picture of a tattoo that Dan had done, that I stumbled across David’s portfolio. I don’t have anything in mind which suits Dan’s style at the moment, which is a shame. His sketches are immense.

Tracey is lovely and will definitely be following her work. They have a great group of artists at the studio for sure.

Currently thinking about getting another piece from David… the work ‘sleeve’ has been mentioned though a leg rather than an arm. Thinking about continuing the deserty them as I have the prickly pear… or continuing with birds and going up to ribs. ๐Ÿ˜€

Roll on November indeed, I bet you can’t wait!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Panter
Participant
@panter

I know what you mean about Dan, I absolutely love his work but have no idea for something for me that would suit his style. I’ll probably buy one of his sketches for the front room though ๐Ÿ™‚

Your Sleeve or rib piece sounds great, and it does sound as if David will be the man to do it.
Looking forward to seeing the pictures when you get it done, although I imagine it will be a little way off as he’s certainly not short of work!

November certainly seems a long way off, I spent a fair few days in the studio over the last year and it’s funny how much I’ve come to miss it.
I always conveniently forget about the pain until after 10 minutes of chair time too ๐Ÿ˜€

Cardinal
Participant
@cardinal

If anyone is going to tattoo my ribs it will be David because I am a big wuss! :D. Two 7 hour day sessions with one 30 min break during each and I wasn’t uncomfortable at all – practically pain free! I could have a whole desert landscape down one side with a diamondback wrapped around my ankle… not that I have thought about it or anything ๐Ÿ˜‰

Where abouts are you having the Mantis?

Panter
Participant
@panter

Didn’t fancy Jim’s compassionate nature and caring hand then? never happier than when he’s causing pain is Jim ๐Ÿ˜€

Mantis will be a boring upper arm position, but I think that the coral reef background will probably extend onto my shoulder and back a little but I’m not entirely sure yet.
I don’t want ink that can’t be easily covered with a short sleeved shirt just yet due to work.
I could have something extending further that could be covered with long sleeves, but I don’t like the feeling of having my arms covered and still being new to tattoos I want them easily cover-able at the moment although that may well change in time.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.