gennyohhh
Participant
@gennyohhh

So at the moment, I can’t afford to get the big piece I’d like but I’m feeling the itch for a new tattoo. I want to get something small and cute and nerdy. I am into Star Wars, Doctor Who, Firefly, Buffy, etc. Sci fi, basically. Any ideas or suggestions? I am thinking about getting it on either my shoulder or foot.

Some thoughts: a lightsaber, the Imperial insignia, a word written in Gallifreyan, or (dorky as it sounds) one of the lines from the Firefly theme song.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

I try to stay away from just words. If there are words, I tend to have them as part of the tattoo, not the whole tattoo. It’s much easier to work with the piece later if you plan on adding to it.

Why not get a small Dalek or Tardis? Maybe a Babel Fish? Greedo’s head with x’s over the eyes and a banner that says ” Han shot first”.

I would love to do any of these tattoos as I am a super nerd.

gennyohhh
Participant
@gennyohhh

Hahaha I love the idea of the Greedo tattoo. One of my favorite shirts is actually a tattoo style banner that says “Han Shot First”. I love getting nerdy tattoos because it just seems like more fun all around. When I got my robot and my Wonder Woman, the artists totally geeked out and it was awesome.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

Greedo with eyes x’d out sounds awesome,
man Dave lots of good ideas to roll with, Gennyohhh please post it up when you get it done

gennyohhh
Participant
@gennyohhh

I could totally roll with it. I even know the perfect spot for it. It’s definitely at the top of the list at the moment. 😛

It wouldn’t be at total odds with the Imperial sleeve I want, right?

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

Cluck cluck, Genny Ohhh. 😉

I vote Imperial insignia on the tootsie, but that’s just my taste. It’s going to be forever classy.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

The reason I’m not so into the Imperial insignia or Rebel insignia is because I see so many of them. I bet we do a couple of these a month at our shop. I’m always more into original custom pieces. You deserve an original tattoo!

gennyohhh
Participant
@gennyohhh

I’m planning an Imperial half-sleeve so I probably won’t go in that direction. Still, I definitely need as many Star Wars tattoos as possible haha. I would totally get Admiral Ackbar (he’s one of my favorite characters lol).

Jasp2387
Participant
@jasp2387

In theory I like the idea of there being layers, and something hidden to art, so given the symbolism and foreign characters of Gallifreyan text (new or old), I like the idea that it could be a chance to have geek within geek. Like a Gallifreyan: “Han Shot First”, or “You can’t take the sky from me”, etc. The translation and appearance would be another matter.
On another note, a K-9 could be a nice, small, companion for your robot.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Here’s a watercolor I did of Ackbar. This is more of a large thigh piece though.

d24175a9.jpg

Jasp2387
Participant
@jasp2387

^Very Nice!

gennyohhh
Participant
@gennyohhh

Dear sweet baby Jesus, I’d get that in a heartbeat if I could. That’s amazing. 😀

And yeah, I love the idea of getting something geeky in Gallifreyan. I’m pretty sure there’s an alphabet I could look up, but the whole grammar of how a sentence would work is a bit of a loss to me- then again, it’s a language from a sci fi show so how nitpicky can I be haha.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.