Ragu35
Participant
@ragu35

Well, maybe not the first. My brother wants to get matching tattoos first. (I’m not too sure what he wants though…)

But afterwards, this is something i’ve been eyeing for almost 5 months now. Let me know what you guys think!

ZkOnp.jpg

Amok
Participant
@amok

Personally I hate the underskin look, but a Gibson tattoo would be cool. Find a good artist though, the tattoo you linked is not particularly well done.

BananaBread
Participant
@bananabread

The guitar is cool but I don’t understand the point in having it under your skin. With Biomech I get it because the idea is you are made of mechanical pieces, but what’s the idea here “I’m made of a guitar”? How would you ever play it?

So my opinion, get the guitar tattoo, but not under the skin. 🙂

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

ditto, get a beautiful guitar

Chewy-Tart
Participant
@chewy-tart

I agree, the guitar is an awesome idea, I personally dont like the under skin look, take time to talk with your artist, come up with something original and meaningful to you…the guitar is a great start…Im sure you will love it.

Ragu35
Participant
@ragu35

Hmm… The only actually good guitar tattoo I’ve ever seen looks something like this

fender-tattoo.jpg

Do you guys think I should do it like this except with the Gibson guitar instead of the fender? What really matters to me is the realism. I don’t want my tattoo to look like this:

angleofblueguitar2.jpg

Chewy-Tart
Participant
@chewy-tart
Ragu35;111188 wrote:
Hmm… The only actually good guitar tattoo I’ve ever seen looks something like this

fender-tattoo.jpg

Do you guys think I should do it like this except with the Gibson guitar instead of the fender? What really matters to me is the realism. I don’t want my tattoo to look like this:

angleofblueguitar2.jpg

The first fender you posted here is amazing.. however you need to decide what you really want. the 2nd is bad, but I get your question. I like the entire guitar but i cant visualize half of one unless you do something around it like a sleeve or something. However depending on your artist, and b/c doing the guitar as a whole would make it smaller, it could make the realness and quality not so great due to putting all the detail into a smaller tattoo.. you need to decide what YOU want then find a GREAT artist..he can then personalize it and make it your own. you start the idea, knowing what you want half or entire guitar it is the artists job to help add to your idea and make it a great piece. I agree the realness is important, changes the entire tattoo. ya dig?

Chrisrozinek
Participant
@chrisrozinek

The Fender(telecaster) one is amazing. I want to get a guitar tattoo my self, but i want a Paul Reed Smith insted of a Gibson 🙂

Ragu35
Participant
@ragu35

Yeah! I even have an artist lined up who’s done a lot of realistic work (and she’s my brother’s friend, so I’ll get a huge discount)

How long do you guys think a tattoo like the Fender I posted would take?

Also, Chewy, I don’t mind having half a guitar fading away like that. It’s not too much of a concern for me. And if I ever wanted to add to it or make it into a full sleeve or something there’s always that option!

BananaBread
Participant
@bananabread

If you have a good artist lined up then you can get what you want.You don’t need to take a photo of an already completed tattoo and copy it. Take some stuff for reference and come up with your unique piece together.

Adler
Participant
@adler
BananaBread;111215 wrote:
If you have a good artist lined up then you can get what you want.You don’t need to take a photo of an already completed tattoo and copy it. Take some stuff for reference and come up with your unique piece together.

Yeah, I really hope the intention is not to take a picture of someone else’s tattoo to an artist and say, “I want this.” Use the tattoo pics only for general reference and then get something unique with the tattoo artist’s input.

Ragu35
Participant
@ragu35
Adler;111217 wrote:
Yeah, I really hope the intention is not to take a picture of someone else’s tattoo to an artist and say, “I want this.” Use the tattoo pics only for general reference and then get something unique with the tattoo artist’s input.

Couldn’t anyway, considering I want an entirely different guitar than what is pictured XD

But yeah. I just want something that looks realistic and that I’ll enjoy for the rest of my life.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Do u have a link to the artists profile?

Always liked this guitar piece:
guitar-lg.jpg

Ragu35
Participant
@ragu35

Sorry, I haven’t been to her shop before, I’ve only seen pictures of what my brother showed me on his phone. I could try to ask my brother about it, but he’s away in Florida for a few weeks on vacation.

If I hear anything, I’ll let you know!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.