Original six
Participant
@original-six

Let me know what you think (ALL TOOK STREIGHT AFTER THE SESSION)
🙂

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

I want to see more of the top work. I’m less thrilled as I scroll down.

Panter
Participant
@panter

As above, top one looks really good but the others, maybe not so much

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

I think the first two look good, though that 2nd pic is kind of blurry. The first one looks very clean.

Original six
Participant
@original-six

Yeah crappy phone camera for all the pics except the 1st one

Inkmywholebodi
Participant
@inkmywholebodi

Cool flower

The Range
Participant
@the-range

Really like the first one, the blue pops beautifully and the lines on the entire arm are super crisp and clean. I can’t wait to see what sort of colors are going to be incorporated into the rest of the piece!

The second one is pretty average to me. Nothing I particularly love, but nothing I particularly hate either. I do think the black shading on the outside looks a bit clumsy and only seems to give the piece an awkward shape (as well as give an unnecessary “charred” effect around the script). I know it’s probably a blurry pic, but I’m just not getting enough contrast to make the details of the flower stand out.

Is the third one meant to be a particular lightning bolt (like from a logo)? Or just any ol’ lightning bolt? I really don’t think there’s much that can be said about it. Even if it’s meant to be the absolute simplest bolt in existence, the line work is pretty poor and it comes off as a scratchy doodle that has no flow.

The final one has some clean lines–nice and readable with the straight black. I see a slight curve in the text though, is that intentional (trying to follow the body)? That’s my only gripe with the piece, it would probably look better straight, or consistently curved. The top line just sort of turns away from the rest of the text.

Original six
Participant
@original-six

Just the way I had my shoulder positioned, when I stand straight it’s all in line, must just have a weird shoulder hah! The lightning bolt I just got for the sake of it it’s just a lightning bolt, and the lily looks a lot better in person just a shit photo, I really wish I had a better picture of it as that doesn’t do it justice.

BananaBread
Participant
@bananabread

I love the blue rose in the first one. The second one is nice too. The lightning bolt seems kind of redundant and a bit like something you maybe did yourself when you were at school. The text one is ok too but it does look like the Ugly is on a curve but like you said it could be the way you were standing. I’d love to see more of the first one as it progresses.

Adler
Participant
@adler

The linework in the first picture is clean as hell, I love the style and would like to see more of the flintlock pistol.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
Adler;110814 wrote:
The linework in the first picture is clean as hell, I love the style and would like to see more of the flintlock pistol.

Agreed. The line work on the first one is super solid.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.