Legendary50
Participant
@legendary50

I had this Valkyrie wing covered up after the previous artist clearly messed up. I didnt think It would be possible but Al Fliction at BKLYN ink, pulled through, GREAT guy too. What you guys think?2j1ooyx.jpg

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

no comment.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

its better

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
mrchen;109397 wrote:
its better

+1

It doesn’t look great, but it’s better. I’m guessing you went to Al Fliction simply because he was on TV.

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

Brooklyn ink is a good shop

Its a good fix 🙂

Legendary50
Participant
@legendary50

no i went to al fliction because i like his black and grey work. simply put the only thing TV did was put his name out there so I could look at his portfolio

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Legendary50;109416 wrote:
no i went to al fliction because i like his black and grey work. simply put the only thing TV did was put his name out there so I could look at his portfolio

Wow, you saw his portfolio and you still went to him?

Legendary50
Participant
@legendary50

thats right

Legendary50
Participant
@legendary50

so now instead of you busting on it, why don’t you throw some friendly suggestions my way. I understand small parts peek through but granted how bad the last one was, i’d say there’s minimal to be touched up on/gone over, which i plan on getting looked at as soon as i get good cover up artist recommendations around NJ

Legendary50
Participant
@legendary50
Aussie_Al;109408 wrote:
Brooklyn ink is a good shop

Its a good fix 🙂

thank you!

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

Al’s cool, funny as hell dont get me wrong, but in NY there are artists 1000 times better……..this piece, bless his heart, not digging on you, looks muddy and dark, definately seen better cover ups

its not bad, it is just that there are so many super artists in NY at Saved tattoo, NY Adorned, Last Rites etc, even Adam Hayes at Red Rocket, just tons of talent all over, I could go on 30 minutes

the job he did is pretty good, certainly better than before, if you like it thats all that really matters

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Legendary50;109419 wrote:
so now instead of you busting on it, why don’t you throw some friendly suggestions my way. I understand small parts peek through but granted how bad the last one was, i’d say there’s minimal to be touched up on/gone over, which i plan on getting looked at as soon as i get good cover up artist recommendations around NJ

OK, well the work looks clean and it’s obviously a vast improvement on the original. However, the feathers don’t really have much detail and unlike real feather, they are just comprised of straight lines. Also, the shading is not well done. It looks more colored in than shaded. It’s not a bad tattoo, but you have so many outstanding artists in the area that I am surprised that you would choose Al Fliction. As far as coverup experts, Tim Pangburn in Philly is well worth the drive or you can even check out Johnny Thief at Seppuku in NJ. Johnny isn’t up to Pangburn’s level, but his work is solid and he’s only booked out a month.

Legendary50
Participant
@legendary50
D3FiANC3;109426 wrote:
OK, well the work looks clean and it’s obviously a vast improvement on the original. However, the feathers don’t really have much detail and unlike real feather, they are just comprised of straight lines. Also, the shading is not well done. It looks more colored in than shaded. It’s not a bad tattoo, but you have so many outstanding artists in the area that I am surprised that you would choose Al Fliction. As far as coverup experts, Tim Pangburn in Philly is well worth the drive or you can even check out Johnny Thief at Seppuku in NJ. Johnny isn’t up to Pangburn’s level, but his work is solid and he’s only booked out a month.

thank you for the advice. ill check them out

ChrisR AXL D
Participant
@chrisr-axl-d

It looks better, I think its cool you got work done by a contestant on Ink Master, but there is a reason why he got eliminated….he sucked! All he did was talk shit to the others who were clearly better than him. He puts to much black in his so called Black and grey.

How much did he charge you? Just wondering….

Legendary50
Participant
@legendary50
ChrisR AXL D;109614 wrote:
It looks better, I think its cool you got work done by a contestant on Ink Master, but there is a reason why he got eliminated….he sucked! All he did was talk shit to the others who were clearly better than him. He puts to much black in his so called Black and grey.

How much did he charge you? Just wondering….

keep in mind that its a show. he was actually very real and a very good guy. Personally I think he did a pretty good job considering the fact that some artists by me wouldn’t even touch it with a fear of messing it up. I’m going to have him touch it up which is free of charge. before I even got it I assumed it was going to be darker in order to cover the previous one. So overall I’m pretty happy with it. And don’t worry what I paid, it wasn’t over priced whatsoever, basically your normal shop price. :p

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.