gennyohhh
Participant
@gennyohhh

Well. I have decided that I want to get a half-sleeve on my right upper arm. I know for sure that I won’t have the funds before at least the end of the year, but I am researching design ideas for inspiration. I have found a few pictures online that are along the lines of what I’d like to get. I definitely want something Star Wars themed, mostly if not completely focused on Stormtroopers (possibly with the Death Star, Darth Vader, the Imperial insignia, etc). I would also like more traditional elements included, which is there the roses come into play.

star-wars-and-roses-tattoo.jpg

284571270174461557_Lu0gl2jU_f.jpg

I am considering going to the same artist (Scott from Blue Devil Tattoo in Ybor, FL) who did my Wonder Woman tattoo- he did an excellent job, the atmosphere was good, and I feel pretty confident in his abilities. That being said, are there highly recommended shops in the Tampa/Orlando area that I should check out?

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to throw all of this together. Thanks in advance. 🙂

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

davie florida Frank LaNatra, excellent tattoo…………you need to look at his work

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

Everyone Loves Star Wars!

I like both those.

Heres another Star Wars one I found.

Star_Wars.jpg

gennyohhh
Participant
@gennyohhh
peterpoose;108624 wrote:
Everyone Loves Star Wars!

I like both those.

Heres another Star Wars one I found.

Star_Wars.jpg

Love the detail in that one. I saw it when I was browsing but I figured if I posted every Star Wars tattoo that I like, this thread would never end. 😛

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
gennyohhh;108627 wrote:
Love the detail in that one. I saw it when I was browsing but I figured if I posted every Star Wars tattoo that I like, this thread would never end. 😛

Yeah it is by a guy I had an appointment with in September but I cancelled as when I rang last year and got the appointment it was waiting for over a year lol

Jason Butcher

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Litos and Dee Dee Seruga come to mind in Florida, though I don’t know exactly where either of them is in the state. Frank LaNatra is great choice also and out of the three, I think he is most suited to what you’re looking for.

gennyohhh
Participant
@gennyohhh

I actually live really close to Litos and Dee Dee. That’s definitely worth checking out- thanks!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Frank LaNatra
Very cool guy you should hit him up
https://www.facebook.com/lanatra

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Frank the tank!

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

you want to see a cool collection of star wars tattoos check out Brian Rowland on facebook, google him,

600 hours! over 50 best tattooed man trophies

gennyohhh
Participant
@gennyohhh

Wow, I agree. Frank’s work is amazing and it’s definitely close to the style that I want. Awesome, he’s only four hours away from me- would definitely be worth the drive. 😀

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al
gennyohhh;108615 wrote:

284571270174461557_Lu0gl2jU_f.jpg

)

I love this!!!

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

you can tell Frank I will be sending a deposit, been watching him a long time, gonna get something done,

gennyohhh
Participant
@gennyohhh

I’m kind of unsure about how to approach setting something up with him. I’ll be in Davie, FL within the next few months- would it be cool to just stop by the shop and tell him I want to set up an appointment, explain my idea, give him a deposit, etc.? I would prefer to speak with him in person. I don’t have any experience with actually setting a tattoo appointment. Mine have always been walk-ins.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Just email him or hit him up on facebook. He is very approachable but to press your luck on just swinging by he may be tattooing someone and not be able to talk to you. You can work out most things with him online then set up a time with him to talk about it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.