jdmser
Participant
@jdmser

Finished the second session of my back piece the other day. Really happy with the way it’s coming together.

backpiece002.jpg

kcgreyhound
Participant
@kcgreyhound

This should be a very nice piece. How many hours in? When’s the next session?

Amok
Participant
@amok

It’s ok. You must sure like engines.

jdmser
Participant
@jdmser

I think we’re right at 6 hours in. Last session was this Monday so I would guess at least another week till the next one. Unless he wants to work on the lower stuff.

engine006.jpg

Chewy-Tart
Participant
@chewy-tart

Adding lots of detail could make this really nice, or the lack of could make it dull. .. Its not in my taste but as long as it is special and means something to you, thats what matters..
Keep us posted..

jdmser
Participant
@jdmser

sat for about 3 hours last night
backpiecejpg2.jpg
backpiece.jpg

The engine we’re using. It took me 4 years to get it put together but, it’s home now.
engine004.jpg

qen
Participant
@qen

I like the placement of that piece. It’s got kind of a spine look to it.

jdmser
Participant
@jdmser

Only two sessions left and it should be all done.

backpiece007.jpg

StandardIssue
Participant
@standardissue

What’s going in those gaps that are between the boarders of the engine and the skin ‘rip’?
I have a feeling those little gaps are going to make or break this piece depending on how they’re handled.

jdmser
Participant
@jdmser

The skin tears that are flapped over are going to be colored a red/pink, the edges of the tears are going to get some areas of dark red, and the empty spaces are going to have a mix of blood and oil in them.

GrayCatLove
Participant
@graycatlove

I didn’t automatically read this as an engine. Once I knew what it was, I thought:

– It’s a little too big to look right on the back.
– The colors are a little strange.
– I might like this better when it has a lot more detail.

It’s certainly got a unique feel I’ve not seen in biomechanical tattoos, and it’s very masculine.

jdmser
Participant
@jdmser

I sat for another 3 hours a couple days ago. Just started some of the detail work. Should be able to finish up with another full session and then one to dark some things in about 6 months. That is if we don’t get any more ideas.

backpiece17.jpg

Panter
Participant
@panter

congratulations on it so far, I’m a big fan of bio-mech.

Personally, I”m not feeling it, I think a different artist could’ve made it look awesome but I’m not seeing that just yet. In fact, it looks pretty poorly done, you got any better pictures of it?

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
Panter;113464 wrote:
congratulations on it so far, I’m a big fan of bio-mech.

Personally, I”m not feeling it, I think a different artist could’ve made it look awesome but I’m not seeing that just yet. In fact, it looks pretty poorly done, you got any better pictures of it?

I agree. I’ve seen better, obviously, but that is the case for every tattoo in the world. It’s kind of like athletes. No matter how good it may be, there’s always someone out there with a better one. That said, it’s a well done tattoo, far from poor. It’s clean and recognizable. The only thing that sticks out to me is the lack of dimension. It’s pretty flat in most area’s and looks like his canvas is 1D on paper, where a skin-rip & bio-mech should have a great, detailed 2D or even 3D look.

Other than that, it’s a nice piece but nothing spectacular. Congrats on the ink.:cool:

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

Im kindain the same boat, I think its a pretty cool idea, I think the real life reference was great but I dont think the artist really had the skills to pull this off, ‘
he really lacks detail, no depth to it, skin humps, bumps whatever are not right,
in the future perhaps you will see a better artist at convention or shop and they can get this dialed in for you, its a cool concept I have never seen done this way

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.