Hello!

My name’s Chris and I am new here.

My latest session: Outline done!

rur9dc.jpg

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

welcome to the forum,
I know this crest, why did you choose to use it as your tattoo?

cbecker
Participant
@cbecker
mrchen;106064 wrote:
welcome to the forum,
I know this crest, why did you choose to use it as your tattoo?

Thank you!

Its where I’m from. That’s the british coat of arms and everyone is always proud of their heritage aren’t they? :p I’m going to be adding my last name right under the crest as soon as its filled.

Panter
Participant
@panter

Welcome to the forum Chris, ink looks good, congratulations 😎

Congrats on the top name too 😀

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Welcome to the forum, Fair play on your tattoo dude i like it.

Adler
Participant
@adler

Looks good so far but why the hell would you need to add your last name to it? Do you not know who you are? In my opinion finish the crest and move on, don’t fuck it up by adding a name. It’s a tattoo, not a football jersey. Thanks for posting the picture.

I just noticed in your intro that you’re from NY so I’m curious who’s doing your tattoo. There’s obviously a ton of great shops and artists in NY although I’m more familiar with Manhatan and Brooklyn shops.

bluey
Participant
@bluey

Welcome, nice work, although I prefer a coat of Arms you can eat. Make sure you post the finished result

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun
Adler;106080 wrote:
Looks good so far but why the hell would you need to add your last name to it? Do you not know who you are? In my opinion finish the crest and move on, don’t fuck it up by adding a name. It’s a tattoo, not a football jersey. Thanks for posting the picture.

I tend to agree with Adler on this one, but at the end of the day, you have to wear it and be happy with it. But I think you might be happier leaving it as-is. Makes for a better story, looks a little classier. You know?

But at the end of the day, its your ink. Do what makes you happy, then wear it loud and proud!

Adler
Participant
@adler
Briscogun;106099 wrote:
I tend to agree with Adler on this one, but at the end of the day, you have to wear it and be happy with it. But I think you might be happier leaving it as-is. Makes for a better story, looks a little classier. You know?

But at the end of the day, its your ink. Do what makes you happy, then wear it loud and proud!

I think you conveyed my point a little nicer than I did. Thanks.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

i think it looks better as it is too, im a little confused though, british coat of arms but your from NY? or you’re British but are currently living in NY? oh i dunno i cant keep up with where the hell everyone in the world is lol is the tattoo going to be in colour or black and white? 🙂 x

xdescendx
Participant
@xdescendx

Look’s good so far. Where in Queens did you get this?

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I am proud of my heritage (Cornwall), I can understand wanting to represent

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
mrchen;106137 wrote:
I am proud of my heritage (Cornwall), I can understand wanting to represent

I love Cornwall!

cbecker
Participant
@cbecker

Hah yeah I’m british but currently going to college in Queens NY.

Thank you guys for all the input on the tattoo. I’m currently still deciding on whether I want the name in there or not (that’s why I had the outline done first before anything).

I’m getting the tattoo done at beaver tattoo in Queens, theyre really good I had another one done here last year ill post a picture of that one too

The finish is going to be black/shading, I am personally not really into color tattoos.

1441vgj.jpg

(Its not slanted, its just the angle lol. It looks a lot lighter now, and readable)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.