Gorilllla
Participant
@gorilllla

Hi Guys,

I have a tattoo I am not really happy with and I’m looking for ideas on adding to it to improve it somehow. I’m mainly not happy with the red shading which was meant to fade as it went down the arm but the shading is not gradual enough and looks patchy in places (although it’s not as bad as it looks in the last pic). I have a Japanese piece I want to add on the upper arm so I’m looking for some kind of Japanese detail to add to this if possible. Any ideas?

The guy who did it has a good portfolio and works at a good studio, I just think things didn’t work out so great this time.

10478861_img_0218.jpg10478862_img_0219.jpg10478866_img_0220.jpg

Any advice at all would be appreciated.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

I think it would look better if you tattooed over the red with black shading. Just for the record i think the last picture is terrible.

Gorilllla
Participant
@gorilllla
Wardy;103275 wrote:
I think it would look better if you tattooed over the red with black shading. Just for the record i think the last picture is terrible.

Hi. Like I said, the last picture makes it look worse than it is – The flash has had a big effect. Here’s a better pic –
10479545_img_0224.jpg

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

are those flowers supposed to be plumeria or are they just random non specific flowers. if they’re plumeria then i would maybe have them altered if you’re intending to put in japanese florals as these are hawaiian and dont really fit. the falcon is good but im not a big fan of the red either. i know you say this guy has a good portfolio etc but he can manage to shade out some red so its not the best sign. maybe just consider other options before you go back to him? when you say japanese what specifically? dragons? flowers? samurais? x

Gorilllla
Participant
@gorilllla

Hi Kitty.

The flowers are pretty random, not specifically Japanese. I’m not particularly fussed about that at the moment – more on the red shading. I just thought adding some black detail would lessen the impact of the red and was looking for ideas. I know the tat isn’t particularly Japanese. I’m happy with the bird and branches – the red lets it down.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

The red can be improved upon by adding some orange to the lighter parts of the red. It won’t get any lighter but you’ll see more of a fading effect with the red. I think adding black might make the red stand out even more. If you have some time you can experiment yourself at home by coloring in parts with sharpie markers. You can pretty much find any color or even whole sets of colors at craft stores.

Gorilllla
Participant
@gorilllla

Hi David,

Thanks for that advice, I hadn’t thought of that. Maybe I just need to find an experienced tattoo artist to fix it up.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

thats what you need, a good artist

boobiefett
Participant
@boobiefett

Rumor has it that red is the easiest color for laser removal. So you could always have it removed and do a different background, if you are that unhappy with it.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

i thought it was exactly the opposite, black is one of the easiest and red and white the hardest? ooh i’ll have to look this up! 😀

boobiefett
Participant
@boobiefett

Hmmm… Well according to Caddells, the lazer removal place that my fiances shop recommends, red black and blue are the easiest while green and yellow are more difficult. I only know this because I have been quoted to remove something on my arm and it is red and black…

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

It’s probably best to Private message Cornishtiger and see if it’s ok for you to ring him. He doesn’t usually mind taking phone calls.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.