Clandest
Participant
@clandest

So below is a timeline of my tattoo to its current state. And, was just wanting some feedback on how to make the overall piece fit together better. Right now the sunset is taking a lot of attention away from the piece and I want a balance so it flows better. Granted, its not done yet. the ships is going to get a overhaul on detail and everything once we work on the ship next sessions. Was just looking for constructive criticism to help improve the tattoo..

Thank you, and here is the timeline. Looking forward hearing back.

img20110930194440.jpg
img20110930194513.jpg
29407610150346195806674.jpg
31436710150346156706674.jpg
39206210150346195556674.jpg
38830410150375185641674.jpg
38183710150375192846674.jpg

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Color..

Not being funny but i don’t like it as it is, It look’s unfinished.

Add some color and it will be awesome.

Clandest
Participant
@clandest
Wardy;102600 wrote:
Color..

Not being funny but i don’t like it as it is, It look’s unfinished.

Add some color and it will be awesome.

Thanks for the fast feedback I really appreciate it. Iit is defiantly unfinished. Just have my tattoo artist spend more detail on the sunset? Or are you just talking about getting color onto the ship? This is the third session, I have probably 2-3 more, 1 for the ship, another for touchup and just saying a 3rd for what if..

CHEERS!

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

OH! haha! i thought this was the finished product! Hey if your getting the ship color’d dude i can not wait to see this tattoo finished! be sure to keep us updated with pictures.

Clandest
Participant
@clandest

most defiantly!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I like it.

Funk
Participant
@funk
buttwheat;102621 wrote:
I like it.

a rather boring comment.

Those waves look sick! And I’d love to see it once you do some work on the ship.

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied

Color aside (which the OP said is going to be added to the ship + more detail) I love how the piece has flow. The waves and proportion of the overall shape and position of the ship actually looks like the ship is going with the flow of the current that the wave is creating around the mass of the ship.. It brings a nice illusion and life into the entire piece. I like it. Add more detail as well as some added color to tinker with and you have a very, very nice quality tattoo.

Amok
Participant
@amok
Funk;102624 wrote:
a rather boring comment.

Those waves look sick! And I’d love to see it once you do some work on the ship.

C’mon buttwheat, next time remember you’ve got to entertain this guy with your posts.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Funk;102624 wrote:
a rather boring comment.

Amok;102630 wrote:
C’mon buttwheat, next time remember you’ve got to entertain this guy with your posts.

Sorry I will try harder next time. I guess the positive comments just don’t flow like the negative ones.

Shit dude that is a dope ass tattoo. I like they way it fits the space nicely, The black waves and clouds with the bright sunset colors offer a great contrast. I think some neutral colors on the ship and sails will be spot on. congrats on the great tattoo.

Better?

Adler
Participant
@adler

I’m going to take a different opinion in some ways. I like the ship (although I hope all those tiny lines hold up) and I really like the shading and detail with the waves. On the other hand I think the clouds could have been done better, especially comparing to the work on the waves. Also, I don’t really like the entire orange background, it’s too much for me. I think I would have liked to see some other tones within the sky to add some contrast and break up the solid orange.
Not sure what you can add to it except maybe some birds (but might blend with the clouds) or a sea creature in the water or exploding cannons or something…

Clandest
Participant
@clandest

Thanks for all the positive replies everyone, really digging them.

Adler;102632 wrote:
I’m going to take a different opinion in some ways. I like the ship (although I hope all those tiny lines hold up) and I really like the shading and detail with the waves. On the other hand I think the clouds could have been done better, especially comparing to the work on the waves. Also, I don’t really like the entire orange background, it’s too much for me. I think I would have liked to see some other tones within the sky to add some contrast and break up the solid orange.
Not sure what you can add to it except maybe some birds (but might blend with the clouds) or a sea creature in the water or exploding cannons or something…

See, this is kind of how I feel. That’s why I mad this thread. I was wondering if you guys have any idea to have the sunset, but kind of tone the orange down so its not to overwhelming.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Clandest;102633 wrote:
I was wondering if you guys have any idea to have the sunset, but kind of tone the orange down so its not to overwhelming.

Let your artist know that you would like it toned down he/she may have some ideas. Maybe mix in some blue/grays may tone down the orange.

skinnyguy911
Participant
@skinnyguy911

Something bugs me about the orange, and nitpicking, but the clouds looks like they are giving a different wind direction to the sails if you get what I mean.

Dig the ship, just think something needs to be fixed up with the sky/clouds

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

you guys looking at the same line work and details I am in the second pic?
if so, I’ll leave this one alone……or simply say, it needs work

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.