JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

Seriously…. how the hell does anyone sit for 8-10 hour sessions? This shit is PAINFUL!!!! It’s like having someone very slowly skin you with a sewing needle.

That being said….. pretty sure I’m done with this leg aside from a little touch up, and my other leg is scheduled in 4 weeks. OH JOY. You’re a bunch of fucking masochists.

Now excuse me while I pop a some anti-inflammatory and elevate this thing. Also excuse the messy bits, these were taken about 5 hours after my last session.

Amok
Participant
@amok

Hehe 6 hours is the longest session I’ve had and it wasn’t too bad except for the last hour. Depends on the location and some artists are more heavy handed than others. Pain tolerances vary too.

But your tattoo is looking really nice, you must be stoked!

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Six to seven hours is the longest I’ve sat so far, but it was on my shoulder/upper arm and I didn’t find it to be painful at all. I’m planning another full day session on my lower leg though in March and maybe another before then if I can get it booked. I’m thinking those are going to be miserable times – but ah well, it’ll pass.

That is coming along really well btw, congrats.

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

I just keep waiting for that numbness everyone talks about… haven’t had that happen yet. I have tears coming out of my eyes and feel like I could climb the wall through most of it, but I won’t dare move while someone’s got a needle in me. I’ll fully admit it hurts like hell but like Winston Churchill said, if you’re going through hell, keep going. I just deal with the pain but it sure doesn’t make it hurt any less. I once broke 3 ribs during a riding competition, got back on and finished. Then didn’t tell my parents I was hurt because I was afraid they’d make me stop riding. I’ll gut it out, but DAMN. Are there really people that don’t feel the skinned alive feeling, or are they trying to be tough guys?

Back of the calf towards the knee was insane. I would have went through the entire rest of the tatt rather than the one wing tip again. LOL

I’ve seen a guy being a complete whimpering bitch about it… on a tiny little tattoo. I damn near laughed at him. It was like a puppy being slaughtered. For god’s sake, ask for a little cold squirt and get through it. People have been getting tattooed for centuries, so we should all be able to handle it right? Funniest thing was… it was a Superman S tatt that he was screaming about. Maybe there was kryptonite in the ink???? LOL

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
Amok;98916 wrote:
Hehe 6 hours is the longest session I’ve had and it wasn’t too bad except for the last hour. Depends on the location and some artists are more heavy handed than others. Pain tolerances vary too.

But your tattoo is looking really nice, you must be stoked!

same as me with 6 and a half, i didn’t find it to bad not sure what id be like with 10 hours the only problem with me was i was having the tattoo on my back but my knee was hurting haha

Adler
Participant
@adler

The tattoo looks great, congrats. I’ve had two LONG 10+ hour sessions on my pinup on my back that were not fun but worth it. I just got the side of my calf done and it was one of the easiest tattoos I have. Granted it only took a little over two hours but there was very little pain in that area for me.

Aahzz
Participant
@aahzz

Just under 5 hours is the longest I’ve gone yet, and towards the end I definitely felt a strong desire to be DONE.

On the other hand, my shortest was just under 30 minutes, and I think that was worse, because I never got into the endorphin zone.

I may be able to sit longer…for me I think it starts to hurt worse when the awareness kicks in that it’s getting close to being finished – something about the fact that it’s almost done makes the last minutes more intense.

Your leg is looking great, congrats 🙂

arnoldsantos1
Participant
@arnoldsantos1

nice tatty!

Panter
Participant
@panter

Looks superb 😎

My longest session is 8 Hours and I have no pain threshold at all, It just hurts from start to finish.
After the 6 Hour barrier though I must admit I just desperately ant it to end.
Stupid thing is I’m really looking forward to my next session in a couple of weeks time, you can’t accuse me of being a fast learner…

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

Nice tatt mate!

I would say 5-6 hrs is max for me these days

One thing is for sure they get more painful with age – so…start young!!!!

BigAl
Participant
@bigal

I had two 6 hour sessions on my upper arm was that bad but the three hours it took the apprentice to do.my leg were the worst three hours of my life… this coming from someone whose passed to kidney stones with no meds

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

Ok ..where abouts on the leg?

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

congrats Jen on the new piece looks great, dont know what to say about the pain, it has to be done

Looking at my album you can see I wear 220 hours now with 12 more booked for january and february.

I have gone more than 12 hours in a sitting and over10 several times, I try and complete every piece if I can, the world famous artist working on me that day night and morning of the 12 plus hours said I was about the best sitting collector he had seen, he said he was pissed I didnt have room for more of his ink.

Im not saying it doesnt hurt, it does, but it is part of the process we have to deal with, its kinda like tripping, your head has to be right, be with people you are comfortable with, in a place you are comfortable, well rested, fed, happy and excited about whats coming, once the machine starts acknowledge the pain, the machine will begin to numb you a little and then put your concetration on other things, look at art, listen to music, watch a movie on laptop and the hours tick away

I prefer to visit the shop several times, get to know my artist a little, get to know the shop folk, other artists, apprentices, know whats around the shop, were we can eat, get snacks, drinks, cause hell, Im gonna be spedning some time there………….now I will be more comfortable there, ready to spend alot of hours getting inked

BigAl
Participant
@bigal

I meant the upper arm didn’t hurt LOL there is 21 hours there and its on the back of my calf if you were talking to me

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Nice ink!

I had a 9hr session and the very next day a 6hr session. I also drove 6hrs to do a 8.5hr session, finished at 430am, drove back home and 2 days later flew to las vegas to have a 5hr session. I hate getting tatooed…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.