Joink
Participant
@joink

So, because my wife got her back outlined today I decided I was jealous and needed to get something done. I decided to do an Anubis outline. Eventually I’ll have horus on the other arm.

IMG_0239.jpg
IMG_0238.jpg
IMG_0237.jpg
IMG_0236.jpg

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Looks good

Hylland
Participant
@hylland

Sweet. Looks nice so far.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

cool 🙂

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

Lookin like some Gerrard Butler from 300 abs goin on

Joink
Participant
@joink
Parademic;96061 wrote:
Lookin like some Gerrard Butler from 300 abs goin on

Haha I actually want a portrait of him from that movie.

bluey
Participant
@bluey

Nice. I’m envious at the speed you are getting inked. I don’t know if I will be able to hold out until next March.

Joink
Participant
@joink
bluey;96122 wrote:
Nice. I’m envious at the speed you are getting inked. I don’t know if I will be able to hold out until next March.

The downside is that it’s very costly. I’ve considered going to someone that works out of his house, but his work is hit or miss..Some of his work is ok, most is pretty bad. So far I’ve spent around $1750 (not including my generous tips) on myself and my wife’s ink. With tips well over $2k. Now I’m broke as shit and probably can’t get much done anytime soon, which leaves me with 3 unfinished tats, lol. I should’ve finished one before doing another, but the addiction took over.

bluey
Participant
@bluey
Joink;96167 wrote:
The downside is that it’s very costly. I’ve considered going to someone that works out of his house, but his work is hit or miss..Some of his work is ok, most is pretty bad. So far I’ve spent around $1750 (not including my generous tips) on myself and my wife’s ink. With tips well over $2k. Now I’m broke as shit and probably can’t get much done anytime soon, which leaves me with 3 unfinished tats, lol. I should’ve finished one before doing another, but the addiction took over.

Don’t second class tattoos. You are better off waiting. This tipping thing is strange to me. We don’t tip in Oz. A nice bottle of something at the end of a really big tattoo is a appreciated but not expected. At least you will get them finished some time.

Joink
Participant
@joink

I don’t know how it is in Oz, but from my understanding tattoo artists pay for their “chair” so to speak, so they get a percentage of every tat they do while the shop gets the rest. So, if they don’t get tipped it’s sort of a slap in the face. It’s kind of like tipping your server at a restaurant..They worked hard for you because they want a tip and that’s how you show appreciation. No tip = I’m a cheap ass or hated your service. I’ve heard many tattoo artists complain about their clients never tipping them for their work, and I’m a nice guy so I always give a good tip if I’m pleased with the work.

Aussie Tom
Participant
@aussie-tom
bluey;96265 wrote:
Don’t second class tattoos. You are better off waiting. This tipping thing is strange to me. We don’t tip in Oz. A nice bottle of something at the end of a really big tattoo is a appreciated but not expected. At least you will get them finished some time.

I always tip and other people I know with tattoos from credible artists always tip :confused:

feathertouch
Participant
@feathertouch

Alot of shops in my area pay thier tattooist by the hour (usually 10 to 15 and hour) so yes tips are a polite thing to do because your tip may buy them a burger on the drive home, they will also remember you and be happier then your cat or dog to see you the next time around.

Megan

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.