Mott
Participant
@mott

So i have angel wings on my back, they are pretty large and i love them. I got them bc my cousin and my gma are my guardian angels. I know their always watching my back and keeping me safe.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Well then shouldn’t they have gotten the wings not you?

Joink
Participant
@joink
buttwheat;95038 wrote:
Well then shouldn’t they have gotten the wings not you?

LOL. They get wings, she gets a “SAVE ME” tat?

BoltThrower
Participant
@boltthrower

I have been noticing a lot of hookers in Tacoma WA with that same style of angel wing tattoo. Your tattoo kind of reminds me of Tacoma.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

I beleive i can fly!

StandardIssue
Participant
@standardissue

As long as you like your ink, that’s what counts…..that said, it’s average work at best. The line work is decent but the feathers have almost no detail in them and the shading is somewhat weird…it’s like your artist only had the use of one color of black ink and just changes needle configurations to emphasize shading as opposed to changed the shade of black he/she should be using.

^^that being said, to someone who doesn’t know tattoos all too well, they’d probably think it’s an excellent piece, but if you come across someone who loves black and gray..their response might be along the lines of ‘when are you getting it finished’

Congrats on the piece and I like the idea you’re trying to get across…but it really looks like that piece should’ve taken a lot more time and effort than it appear to have had.

Amok
Participant
@amok

looks like it still needs to be shaded, as Standard mentioned.

Joink
Participant
@joink

Oh, that’s a guy. Yes, I agree with the others regarding the shading. It looks incomplete. I’d either go back to the guy that did it and tell him to properly shade it, or find someone else that knows what shading is. It doesn’t look terrible though.

Mott
Participant
@mott

it isnt done yet, the summer came to fast, i still have a lot more to get done. I stopped getting it worked on 2-3 months before the summer bc i didnt want the sun to fuck it up. Once its no longer shorts weather the tattooing starts again. I plan on getting a single rose going up my spine and the rose bud itself is going to be where the wings curve up and have petals falling off into blood drops and after that im gonna have vein like vines attached to the outside of the wings with thorns that have blood drops comming out of them. I have 19 hours so far on my back

BoltThrower
Participant
@boltthrower

If Mott went to prison he would be in trouble because the inmates would call him “Angel Boy”:eek:

Amok
Participant
@amok

oh they’d totally spread his wings in prison

ZombieKiller
Participant
@zombiekiller

First time I have ever seen that done on a guy. Lettering looks like crap.

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx
Amok;95793 wrote:
oh they’d totally spread his wings in prison

OMFG…… I just laughed so hard my screen got a Sprite bath.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.