yetibassist
Participant
@yetibassist

It’s been awhile since I have posted here. I got some work done yesterday on my Kokopelli leg tattoo.
Basically its of kokopelli out in the desert slapping a bass guitar and singing a story about el chupacabra
When its all done the top half will kind of have three bands around it. one being the blue sky right above the mountains, the middle one being the green musical staff with the pictographs and music notes flying around and the top band will be more of a purplish color.

Here is the previous update I colored in all the foreground characters besides the kachina
http://www.thetattooforum.com/album.php?albumid=4633

I’m pretty happy with it so far.
kokoa.jpg

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

It looks nicely done.
Fuck I hate Long John Silvers. I think it’s physically imposable to get food more greasy then there.

yetibassist
Participant
@yetibassist

Thanks. I can’t wait to finish it and start on my other leg, it will be ocean themed.

Hahahahah! True dat. It was one of those A&W/Long John Silver. I had a cheese burger and root beer before my tattoo but they gave me a Long John Silvers cup.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

nice ink dude

Amok
Participant
@amok

very nice man, unique tattoo as well.

C-los.p
Participant
@c-los-p

That’s a very nice tattoo! It stands out A LOT!
Why a chupacabra? I’m just wondering (cryptozoology is interesting to me)

yetibassist
Participant
@yetibassist

Mostly because I wanted Kokopelli to be singing a song about something. I thought long and hard about it. This is my bassist tattoo and I didn’t just want another bass clef tattoo or a sleeve with a bass clef as the center piece. Infact the bass clef is a very small part of the tattoo. I am also a fan of crypto zoology (I also have a Sasquatch tattoo) and after thinking I was like, well…Kokopelli is mischievous trickster as well as fertility god so I decided I can combine two things I like. Music and adventure. I mostly like crypto-zoology because to me things like Sasquatch pretty much represents the unknown, undiscovered and adventurous parts of nature that I enjoy so much.

Edit: Hey Amok! Nice avatar! Buckethead is the man. He and Claypool (C2B3 anyone? ๐Ÿ˜€ ) are among my favorite musicians. Claypool inspired a lot of this tattoo actually…Not directly I just would have ended up as another guitarist had I not been introduced to Primus when I was first learning the guitar.

Amok
Participant
@amok
yetibassist;91773 wrote:
Mostly because I wanted Kokopelli to be singing a song about something. I thought long and hard about it. This is my bassist tattoo and I didn’t just want another bass clef tattoo or a sleeve with a bass clef as the center piece. Infact the bass clef is a very small part of the tattoo. I am also a fan of crypto zoology (I also have a Sasquatch tattoo) and after thinking I was like, well…Kokopelli is mischievous trickster as well as fertility god so I decided I can combine two things I like. Music and adventure. I mostly like crypto-zoology because to me things like Sasquatch pretty much represents the unknown, undiscovered and adventurous parts of nature that I enjoy so much.

Edit: Hey Amok! Nice avatar! Buckethead is the man. He and Claypool (C2B3 anyone? ๐Ÿ˜€ ) are among my favorite musicians. Claypool inspired a lot of this tattoo actually…Not directly I just would have ended up as another guitarist had I not been introduced to Primus when I was first learning the guitar.

Yes man, Primus are fucking sick! Les’ bass skills are beyond belief!

I really like how your tattoo has so much meaning behind it, it turned out great! Ink to be proud of for sure.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.