TikiTurtle
Participant
@tikiturtle

This is my first tattoo,it’s on my right calf and was done while in Bora Bora. We were there for our 20th wedding anniversary and I wanted something to signify the time we’ve been together I’m 38 and my wife is 35 so since one of the meanings for turtles is longevity (we been together over half our lives) I decided to get it.I also like having the Tiki watching my back for me.
The tattoo master gave me some biafine to put on and I wanted to get some before I left Tahiti but didnt have time and you have to have a script in the US to get it. Im now using tamanu oil and it seems to be healing well.

I like it and it was done in freehand, if I have to be too picky about it I wish that the front right leg was a little smaller.
What do yall think?

img64572.jpg

Aussie Tom
Participant
@aussie-tom

Tribal isn’t my thing but I reckon it looks really nice. Seems smooth and well executed. The front right leg is fine, it gives the effect of the turtle swimming on the angle it is, if that makes sense? The left should be smaller because it’s further away.

TikiTurtle
Participant
@tikiturtle

yeah that’s exactly what my wife said.

downriver
Participant
@downriver

I like it… I maybe woulda made the head bigger, but it looks good regardless.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I like it i like the tiki face on the shell very cool.

Sinnaere
Participant
@sinnaere

I really like that design. I also like that you got something with symbology in mind.

seniorminnion
Participant
@seniorminnion

dont like tribal –but really like that – its more like 2 tattoos in one – different and very well done !

Aahzz
Participant
@aahzz

I dig it. Add me to the “I don’t like tribal, but I do like this” crowd.

Bolohead
Participant
@bolohead

I like tribal myself, as I have spent many trips over to Hawai’i and plan on making a move over their hopefully soon. So to me, it looks great.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Aahzz;86405 wrote:
I dig it. Add me to the “I don’t like tribal, but I do like this” crowd.

Add another one to the pile. 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.