GloriaV
Participant
@gloriav

My first and (for the moment) only tattoo, got it last August and I’m very pleased with how it turned out.
The first two pictures are straight after it was finished and the last is roughly two months later.

johnjc
Participant
@johnjc

Wow!! Its got an excellent finish..gud work.:D

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Nice tattoos.

FEARoftheDARK
Participant
@fearofthedark

Love it!

Cheers,
Marcus

DannyMichel
Participant
@dannymichel

The work is really nice. I’m sure I’m not the only one wondering, why monkeys?

GloriaV
Participant
@gloriav

Thanks for all the nice comments!

I got the monkeys because they represent the proverb of see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.
there is not really only one explanation for the meaning of the phrase, but for me it simply represents a way to avoid spreading “evil”. So by not listen to evil things they do not influence you (gossip etc.). To not read things that are evil or look at evil things so they do not influence you, and lastly to not in speech repeat evil things so they cannot be spread.

DannyMichel
Participant
@dannymichel

interesting. I dont think any of my tattoos have any great reason to them.
i love NY and im NY till i die, so i have the yankees logo on my hand, words new york on my forearm, statue of liberty on my bicep. i have tons of other tattoos, but other than names of people i love, those are the only ones that really have any meaning to them

ryannnnn
Participant
@ryannnnn

I like the placement, straight down the center of the back, the size is good it fits well, and it’s monkeys, who doesn’t love monkeys?? good job 🙂

seven8nein
Participant
@seven8nein

oww I really like that! what amazing portrait work!

shawn lichtfuss
Participant
@shawn-lichtfuss

Haha, nice work

Jonny Rasclart
Participant
@jonny-rasclart

Good tat, nicely done.

By the way, you have chimpanzees which are apes not monkeys.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.