highguage
@

Hello,

I am new to the site and I thought that I would show off some of my tattoos. i have a total of three. For now I will just show my newest one that i got in November.

The initials are for my wife and two children. The word Neart meand (strength) in Scottish gaelic.

highguage
@

Here are some of the others

jsimpson4
Participant
@jsimpson4

I like the font you chose on the wrist tattoo.

clay1680
@

i like the first two you posted but that third one is just not that great of a design. if you like it thats cool just could have been executed better.

highguage
@

I agree with you 100% I got that cross when i was 16. I will be reworking it in a couple of years into a half sleeve.

The second one (the one for my grandfather) i drew myself. I am very happy with it

Thanks for the comments

seniorminnion
Participant
@seniorminnion

don’t really care for any of them

as long as you do though is the main thing!

– if we all got and liked the same thing then the tattoo world would be very dull !

– don’t care for the font on the 1st one ( and the ‘t’ is too close to the ‘r’) –

– nor on the 2nd one if I’m honest —- and doesn’t ‘fallen’ infer someone has been killed in action type of thing ?- though if that is the case then I stand corrected ! — the design is fine – just I think it could have been executed a lot better !

– the last one — well like you say – you had it done at 16, and I’m sure a cover up and sleeve will look good !

Adler
Participant
@adler

I don’t think these are very well done, either. The spacing and execution on the letters on the first one is uneven and the shading, cursive and spacing on the memorial piece is inconsistent and amateurish. The “n” in “finger” looks just like the “m” in “them” and the “n” in “Grandpa” is horrible. Sorry, I just don’t think these are well done at all.

Tajen
Participant
@tajen
Adler;82102 wrote:
I don’t think these are very well done, either. The spacing and execution on the letters on the first one is uneven and the shading, cursive and spacing on the memorial piece is inconsistent and amateurish. The “n” in “finger” looks just like the “m” in “them” and the “n” in “Grandpa” is horrible. Sorry, I just don’t think these are well done at all.

My thoughts as well, but I thought maybe I was just crazy since the others seemed to think they’re well done. Sadly, I too think they’re just not “high quality”.

highguage
@

Thanks for the replies. i have to agree that these are far from top notch. However i still hold them very dear. As you can see in the original font the “r” and the “t” are supposed to be close together. the only difference is that in the tat we left out the touching of the other letters as the lines would have been too thin.

Looking at he pics I do agree with all the points you made about the “fallen tattoo” however the things you pointed out with certain letters are hardly noticeable in person. the camera and lighting seems to bring them more to the forefront.

With that being said i still agree that it could have been better done. But like said i am still very pleased with it.

Thanks again for your thoughts and opinions. Keep them coming

Adler
Participant
@adler

You’re right, as long as you’re happy that’s all that matters so congratulations. And it’s nice to see some people are actually mature enough to accept some honest opinions and criticism without getting all defensive and angry.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Adler;82147 wrote:
You’re right, as long as you’re happy that’s all that matters so congratulations. And it’s nice to see some people are actually mature enough to accept some honest opinions and criticism without getting all defensive and angry.

What Alder said^

jsimpson4
Participant
@jsimpson4

I was noticing that in the pics you posted of your wrist tattoo, it appears you work in an office environment. Is this true? If so, I’m curious as to how your wrist tattoo was received by your employer. My current employer has no problem with mine and I work in a casual office environment. But when I got mine, I approached my boss and told him that if they ever caused a problem, I’d be happy to wear long sleeves if needed. He was totally cool with them.

highguage
@
Quote:
And it’s nice to see some people are actually mature enough to accept some honest opinions and criticism without getting all defensive and angry.

Well we have to take criticism in life. However i have noted that some of you guys on this site seem to be negative just for the sake of being negative. i am not sure why (internet tough guys?) but saying some positive things as well wouldn’t kill you.

Quote:
it appears you work in an office environment. Is this true? If so, I’m curious as to how your wrist tattoo was received by your employer

I work in research and development for a large Pharmaceuticals company. i have been their 12 years. I did not ask permission, however I wear a lab coat that hides my tattoos. In today’s age their is not much they can say anyways.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.