Slappy13
Participant
@slappy13

It’s taken awhile but I’ve gotten back in and had two sessions within the last month to get this done and I’m so glad I can move on to other things…like a full back piece currently being drawn. Anyway here are a couple of pics.

5249908571_a7fce24e8c_z.jpg
7tat by ccallener13, on Flickr

5250511698_ffa2ee09c7_z.jpg
7tat2 by ccallener13, on Flickr

Adler
Participant
@adler

Looks nicely done, congrats.

xiaomiao
Participant
@xiaomiao

Excellent work!

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover

Very tidy, I like it!

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

That is a very nice piece of work.
How was the stomach area as bad as ribs?

Take care
Matthew

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
Slappy13;77913 wrote:
It’s taken awhile but I’ve gotten back in and had two sessions within the last month to get this done and I’m so glad I can move on to other things…like a full back piece currently being drawn. Anyway here are a couple of pics.

5249908571_a7fce24e8c_z.jpg
7tat by ccallener13, on Flickr

5250511698_ffa2ee09c7_z.jpg
7tat2 by ccallener13, on Flickr

Love it. It seems like a very nice compact and very detail oriented tattoo. The size and shape mixed with detail and preciseness mesh’s very well on the placement. Nice work.

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

Very nice!!!! Love the 3-d effects on this one. How long did it take?

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

very cool!

kryptonite
Participant
@kryptonite

the first thing i noticed was the almost 3-d look wich is wild. it leaves my mind thinking that you love “the gamble” or your just really “fruk’in lucky”. big ups bro

Zorba
Participant
@zorba

That is a beauty – and I too am curious about the pain level. Looks like it would hurt as much or more than a lower back tat (my only reference point at this time).

Grizwhiz02
Participant
@grizwhiz02

I Like that. Looks Nice

Slappy13
Participant
@slappy13
Zorba;78473 wrote:
That is a beauty – and I too am curious about the pain level. Looks like it would hurt as much or more than a lower back tat (my only reference point at this time).

Sorry I haven’t been able to reply to this sooner. I’ve been busy working on getting a full back piece drawn up and work out of town so I’ve been burning the candle at both ends a bit. Thanks to all who have complimented this piece. It was just a crazy idea that came to me one day and my tattoo artist/long time friend sat down and drew it all out in front of me without the use of any fancy equipment, no thermofax, nothing but a pencil, paper, and ruler.

As for the pain level well the slightly high placement was my idea and I knew it would be a new experience even though now I have both arms 100% sleeved, around 14 hours on one leg, and 8-10 hours on my ribs. Out of all of those to me the ribs towards the front and side hurt the worst. Way worse to me than the ribs directly on the side under the armpit. The rest of the stomach is a breeze or it was for me anyway. I guess it’s all about your own perception. I’ve read that Jake Hollywood said his ribs or stomach just tickled but his legs are killing him were I’ve damn near slept through some sessions on my leg.

The back piece I’m having drawn up will hopefully be started within the next few weeks and it will be something to behold because not only is it a idea and design my artist/friend is into but he’s also motivated by some recent work by his former boss and his claims of it being custom when in fact he’s barely changing other artists designs and calling them his own. I’ll keep things updated as I get started on it.

Slappy13
Participant
@slappy13
JENerationX;78342 wrote:
Very nice!!!! Love the 3-d effects on this one. How long did it take?

It was done in 4 sessions. One the outline, one the horseshoe and 7, one the wings and leaves, and a final one touching everything up and the dice and cards. In total I would guess somewhere around 8-10 hours.

DjTaras
Participant
@djtaras

Nice Tattoo!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.