schafe
Participant
@schafe

so i got my first tattoo when I was 17, I love it, and loved it. but there are some very opinionated people who showed some dislike.

the first one is my last name and followed by 2 chinese characters; They stand for ‘warrior’. someone who can push through anything and never gives up
12662224140341415501716.jpg

This one here is a back piece I got; once again I love it and think the ideas good. I got this just over a year ago; im 19 now.
24380414128906415501716.jpg

it reads ‘never lose hope’.

My problem is; i feel like nothing flows. The one on my back I think there is too much shading, i feel like im missing something. I wanted to get a half sleeve but I didnt want to get any more tattoos until im comfortable with the ones I have.

I understand the idea is to ‘leave them’ as to not ruin them; but I was curious what you guys think I should do to make everything flow? (Is there anything I can do to the one on my back atleast?)

JoyFly
Participant
@joyfly

Hey Congrats on your new tattoo! First every one has their opinions, it’s your body who cares!

I do think the back piece has too much shading, I am not sure why tattoo artists do this?! I have 2 tattoos that have excess shading but whatever.

As far as them flowing, I think the font you used for both are the same, so there is your flow right there. Now it’s not like the new tat is right below your back piece so it’s not that big of a deal for them both to flow.

I guess you could add more chinese characters to each side of your back piece?

PandorasJar
Participant
@pandorasjar

I’d almost like to see more curve on the top to fit in with the shape of the back, looks like it will lead into a back piece in the future, but nothing urgent… it’s a good one to add to ๐Ÿ™‚

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

I don’t really mind the shading… What you could do, is add some white in between to make it “pop” a bit more, and maybe do the same with the other tattoo. You can have some shading added to the other tattoo, which also work to make the letters and the chinese characters look more like one piece, instead of two. And maybe chinese characters to the back piece, if that’s something you’d want. It would most def. give them more flow. And you can build on both of them, really.
Just an idea ๐Ÿ™‚ Not sure that’s what you meant, but hey ^^

SteCleary
Participant
@stecleary

imo the back piece is fine but as said a little white might make it stand out a bit more, as for your sir-name i cant read it at all, i think its schaper, is it?

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied

Personally never liked the Japanese or Chinese meaning in scripture as a tattoo. For all we know, it could say “Butt-fucker” in another language but as far as the work itself, I like it and think it is very well done. I like the script on the ribs and the back. Placement for the script is okay but always looked at words for being more for the arm or back area rather than a huge side piece. Works good though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.