JoyFly
Participant
@joyfly

Hey All! I’m Joy, I have 12 tattoos and just got my first all white one last week on Friday.

I know alot of artists frown upon these kind of tattoos but I really wanted to experiment and just see what happens.

I have seen plenty on line work out beautifully and some not soo good!

Here is a pic of mine the first nightIMG00060-20101120-0002.jpg

All of my scabs are off and I mainly used the “dry heal” method. It’s a bit pink now and every day it turns more white.

I am really happy as there is alot of negative stuff about white tattoos and I really want to say that if you have a good artists anything is possible!

Hopefully mine is good, I will update this thread every couple of days with new pics.

Thanks for reading

JoyFly
Participant
@joyfly

Here it is 5 days after !IMG00084-20101124-1846.jpg

JoyFly
Participant
@joyfly

IMG00119-20101127-1203.jpg

And this is today! 8 days after

WildWilly
Participant
@wildwilly

looks almost like a brand to me.

JoyFly
Participant
@joyfly
WildWilly;77258 wrote:
looks almost like a brand to me.

Thanks it’s healing really well all the lines are intact and I am hoping in 10 days for it to be white or bone color!:p

WildWilly
Participant
@wildwilly

Does it glow real well under black light?

JoyFly
Participant
@joyfly

I have no idea! Don’t own a black light. 🙂

JoyFly
Participant
@joyfly

Am I posting on the wrong sub-forum???? For this to be the “tattoo Forum” …… Well it’s pretty dead!

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

HI Joy,

Thanks for the photo update. I think the traffic on this site is quite low and when you post something that will be unpopular it limits the amount of response you will get. To be honest, Your tat doesn’t look that great to me. I didn’t want to post because I’m trying to not put up negative posts any more but at the same time I don’t want you to think you are alone on the forum. I respect your pushing the boundries and looking to do something unique but so far I think this looks dull.

I would love to see your other work though!

JoyFly
Participant
@joyfly
Gsouder;77264 wrote:
HI Joy,

Thanks for the photo update. I think the traffic on this site is quite low and when you post something that will be unpopular it limits the amount of response you will get. To be honest, Your tat doesn’t look that great to me. I didn’t want to post because I’m trying to not put up negative posts any more but at the same time I don’t want you to think you are alone on the forum. I respect your pushing the boundries and looking to do something unique but so far I think this looks dull.

I would love to see your other work though!

I totally agree with it looking dull it only been 8 days…… I understand the traffic on this site is quite low now.

Guess I am used to other forums such as handbags and clothes…… I am a girl and as most girls I have No patience and I hate waiting

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

I’m on some other forums too… I get 20-20 responses an hour on some posts. Here it can take a while to get anything. I can count on my fingers the posters that I see often- most other people come before they get their tats and leave after. It’s kind of frustraiting, to be honest.

Anyway, I would ove to see a photo in another week or two. I’ve never seen an all white tat come out good but I would love to see the first. What other work do you have?

JoyFly
Participant
@joyfly

Ahh thats a shame. I’ve been getting tattos since I was 16, I am 32 now. I have one on my foot that really is a work in progress and it’s so painful but I have to get it finished hopefully by June of next year.

I have 10 tattoos; a cross on the back of my neck, a girl with wings on my back, a cross with ivy leaves with my daughter and husbands name with butterflies and dragonflies.
a flower wreath around my bellybutton, a butterfly and sun on my lower stomach, an anklet on my left leg, a star and moon on my toe, a cross on my right leg like my avator pic, and the work in progress on my right foot. and of course the white one I just got.

I will def post more pics. Even this morning I can see the outlines getting brighter. I am hoping that it comes out good because I would love to add more pieces in white!

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

if you have pale skin, the white “should” come out ok. but every time i get white ink, it turns kinda brownish. please post healed pics when its done!

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

The tattoo is nicely done and whilst white does fade rapidly it is not a difficult size to maintain.

Also if you find it does fade too much try adding a little silver or blue to a reshade it will still look an awesome tattoo.

Looking forward to the healed pic.

Take Care
Matthew

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

I think Matthew is on to something… I like the idea of white tattoos, but I think they tend to look a bit dull.
But adding silver or blue though…it would still make for a very light tattoo, but would give it some more life.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.