ShauniMay
Participant
@shaunimay

In Feb 2011 i am getting my first tattoo. Im getting 3 stars behind me left ear.
Im just wondering if anyone knows how painful it is going to be. I understand that everyone’s pain threshold is different, i just want a rough idea. Be as honest as you want about it. Im not going to back out because someone says its going to hurt a lot, because i kind of expect it. I just want a rough idea so i can prepare myself haha
Thanks Guys 🙂

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

It will be the most painful experience you’re likely to have. More painful than menstrual cramps, than child birth, and only slightly less painful than the complete amputation of your ear.

Be afraid little girl, be very afraid.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Or…

It is gonna sting like a cat scratch and will be over with in about 10 mins.

KH you really are a bastard! Lmao 😀

Take Care
Matthew

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

You’re going to be under the gun for…10 minutes.
You will barely even feel it.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

It is what it is. It will neither be the most or least painful thing you will do in your life. Eat well, get a good nights sleep and keep your mind focused when you are there and you’ll be fine.

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

I would say all the above said and enjoy reading the humor with positive comments rather than negative ones, thanks.

Aahzz
Participant
@aahzz

I’d compare it to having someone poke you on a mild sunburn. It’s irritating, but not incredibly painful.

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

yea, 3 little stars? nothing to get worried about ha, it isnt gonna take long, and time is what makes it start to hurt to be honest… the first couple hours under the machine arent so bad, then your adrenaline, etc wears off and it starts to get a little annoying. but this shouldnt take more than a few min, you should be just fine ha

board_riider
Participant
@board_riider

I have stars behind my left ear, and they took about 45mins (pic in my album)…the pain honestly wasn’t too bad at all..the worst part, was the noise! The tattoo machine is extremely loud when you’re getting inked so close to the ear, but other than that, it’ll be quick.

seniorminnion
Participant
@seniorminnion

stings a bit that’s all —- and for a 40 min tattoo you’ll be able to withstand a lot more pain than a small tattoo anyway !
Everytime I’ve been -tattooed, i’m fine for 2 and a half hours then it gets uncomfortable ! – how people sit for 6-8 hours I’ve no idea. Whatever chemicals your body releases to dull pain, runs out for me after a certain time, every time – so you’ll be fine for a really small tattoo !

ShauniMay
Participant
@shaunimay

i know it seems really sad asking haha.
Its not that im worried, i just want to be able to prepare myself for it. I didnt expect it to be a walk in the park
But thank you to everyone that has commented and stuff 🙂 I really appreciate it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.