jyrva
Participant
@jyrva

Hi.

I am newbie here but I want to show my tattoos with you.
It’s only beginning but final result should be both sleeves tattooed. Right sleeve is covered with color, im not sure yet but idea is that left one is coming black and gray.

here you could see some progress:
NB! Picture quality is poor but when i got it painted I’l make better ones

My First one

Part of my second tattoo

Part2 of my hand. Today is part of snake painted green and after week of healing we will proceed.

By The Way my thanks goes to Mr. Henry Hünnev who is author of all my tattoo’s!

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

I hope the rest of that comes out better than whats there already. You should really try to find a better artist.

jyrva
Participant
@jyrva

I don’t think that I need to change my artist.

Yesterday I got snake painted.

My excuses about picture poor quality but at least here can see some progress of my arm.
After few weeks of healing I will proceed with my arm.

larz
Participant
@larz

i think the placement of the snake could have been more thought out, the shape of the snake doesnt really match the shape of your arm. not bad work though, skull looks pretty good

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

They’re solid pieces. Not awesome, not awful. The skull’s eyes are well done, but the snake doesn’t flow with your arm

Love. Peace. Metallica.

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover

I like the skull, quite unusual but like KH I don’t think the snake flows very well, just doesn’t look quite right, but if you are happy with it that is all that counts. Do you have plans for more on this arm?

jyrva
Participant
@jyrva
vizzielover;77171 wrote:
I like the skull, quite unusual but like KH I don’t think the snake flows very well, just doesn’t look quite right, but if you are happy with it that is all that counts. Do you have plans for more on this arm?

Yes, next plan is to make some leaves and plants. These will be on my lower arm. Or maybe someone can suggest something. After this is done then will proceed with upper arm and it continues with my upper back and goes to second arm.
What you think if I make my left arm with black and gray colors?

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

Who is doing this? Where? It may come out better if you have them layout/outline the whole sleeve so it comes together better as one rather than piece by piece if you’re committed to a sleeve……

jyrva
Participant
@jyrva
TooManyNotEnough;77194 wrote:
Who is doing this? Where? It may come out better if you have them layout/outline the whole sleeve so it comes together better as one rather than piece by piece if you’re committed to a sleeve……

Now we are doing it so that he put whole hand on a paper. and then we can make chases.
Maybe this snake doesn’t look so good right now, but I like it and I think it will be good when whole sleeve is done.
Tattoo artist is one friend who is making tattoos few years already in estonia.

jyrva
Participant
@jyrva

Hi,

It’s been a while but now I proceed with my sleeve.
I visit my artist on Monday and started with new picture. Here is a part of that. Next week we will start painting
212139328-380bbd9134a96b2c74e5370a8c87d972.4d11a1f0-scaled.jpg

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi it does look better coloured in but as you say clearer picks are always a bonus.

I think what people are getting at is that at the moment it is lacking the filler background that would blend the snake and skull together as a sleeve rather than 2 separate tattoos that are placed close together.

The background is important as it is what draws them together.

As you state jungles go well with skulls and snakes, as do jewel encrusted staffs, and bone fetishes used by shamans.

Take Care
Matthew

jyrva
Participant
@jyrva

Thank You Sherav.
I know that backgorund is important and I hope that next week I can add some pictures with painted background.
I belive that it comes smooth. At least on paper it looks great. Plan is that face part what is not painted yet is coming with blue tones and background is coing smoothly from green to blue and some red floweris in it. What you think is it too abstract with blue?
Feel free to give some advice to paint that face!

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

The colours could work very well. If I was to ink the skull and use blue I would opt for a lighter or silvery-blue as opposed to a dark blue so that the skull stands out against the greens and reds in a better contrast.

They main thing is not to get lost in a riot of bold colour but to pick out the details using softer shades to enhance them and bolder colours to make up the background (or the other way round both work and it is personal taste).

I am really looking forward to seeing the progress on this sleeve and hope you post more up!

Take care
Matthew

jyrva
Participant
@jyrva

Hi again,

Here is some progress again.
As you see round the skull it comes black and going smoothly lighter and then going to light blue.
I don’t know how it feels on picture, but I like it a lot.

jyrva
Participant
@jyrva

Picture is in my previous post,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.