NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied

My tattoo parlor held a special organization with all proceeds going to the Humane Society so I made an appointment to get my Terrible Towel tattoo finished for the upcoming Steelers football season. All tattoo’s were regular price so getting it for only 60 bucks was amazingly awesome. We went with a “worn out towel, wear and tear faded” type look. I think it came out pretty cool.

Work: Oz @ Studio 42 Beaver Falls, PA
Time: 1 hour

terribletoweltattoo.jpg

Navysooner
Participant
@navysooner

You should put in something about a quarterback that likes to take advantage of drunk girls and rapes them.

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
Navysooner;73636 wrote:
You should put in something about a quarterback that likes to take advantage of drunk girls and rapes them.

Hey, cool man thanks for the suggestion. That is an highly intelligent post. Maybe I should also include a picture of an underage dirty slut as well with a alcohol level 2 times over the legal limit who followed that quarterback from bar to bar who changed her story multiple times within seconds of blacking out. Maybe I should get a whole back piece done and include the Georgia DA”s pic as well, you know, the guy that thoroughly investigated the whole entire scene and STILL couldn’t come up with any reason to charge that quarterback even though he wanted to in the worst way?

THAT WOULD BE BADASS INK.

Navysooner
Participant
@navysooner

Dude calm down it was a joke oh that’s right I forgot you’re a steelers fan and couldn’t figure that out

tatlover2
Participant
@tatlover2

Cool tattoo you got there, I haven’t been following the story, but is Big Ben going to start this season. I had the chance to meet him once and got him to sign my jersey. Very nice guy in person. Don’t believe everything you read in the media.

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
tatlover2;73695 wrote:
Cool tattoo you got there, I haven’t been following the story, but is Big Ben going to start this season. I had the chance to meet him once and got him to sign my jersey. Very nice guy in person. Don’t believe everything you read in the media.

Thanks man. Ben is actually meeting with Goodell this Friday to discuss the suspension. Ben has been living up to high regards and standards since being accused and has been going above and beyond to represent well in the community.

He won’t start the season, but we all expect it to be a minimum of 4 games or so.

As for meeting Ben, I had the same experience. He was very cheery and even offered to take a picture of me and my whole family since we had noone to take a picture.

He came off as being very humble and signed autographs around. All athletes are NO saints, most screw up more than others but here in Pitt, we are ready to put it behind us and get ready for the season!

xxTOPDOGxx
Participant
@xxtopdogxx

60 dollars you say? Sorry bro but that tat looks like shit. It doesn’t look wear and tear faded, it looks like it was done with a crayola. I know what you were going for but thats just bad. Really there should be some folds and shading to at least try to make it realistic.
Just curious, why would you get a Steelers Tattoo? I know your a huge fan and all, but couldn’t you just get a t-shirt. I’d be the first to say “to each his own” but with no vested interest in the Steelers, it doesn’t make sense.

Dice
Participant
@dice

I go with TOPDOG there

that tat looks like golden staff

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
xxTOPDOGxx;73817 wrote:
Just curious, why would you get a Steelers Tattoo? I know your a huge fan and all, but couldn’t you just get a t-shirt. I’d be the first to say “to each his own” but with no vested interest in the Steelers, it doesn’t make sense.

I think you answered your own question in that paragraph haha. I got a Steelers tattoo because I’m a diehard fan and probably got it in the same jest as that dude with the full back tattoo of Yankee’s stadium. Since you have no vested interest in the Steelers, I guess it would make sense to.. well.. not make sense when it’s pretty clear.(For the record, anybody with tattoos can just “buy a shirt.”)

As for the tat, I’m cool with your opinion and don’t mind criticism at all. I like it and it’s exactly what I asked since I already had just the lettering done before hand. The only thing I asked was to add the yellow to signify the look of the towel and add a tint of gold to it but as far as being realistic, that was the least of my concerns. I’m more than satisfied.

rusrious
Participant
@rusrious

Hey Dude, what ever floats your boat.. Simply being tagged for life with a team is true fanatics.. You can definitly tell its a hurry up job, just saying.. You got a deal for $60, but thats there forever, and really no way to fix it, because I think it could have been much better.. Im being nice, because you did give me props on my Browns tat, and I thank-you for that.. But bro, it could be way better.. I wouldnt be happy with it.. I just had my Steeler fan buddy look at it, and he didnt even like it.. There are 3 E’s, and each are differant, the 2 R’s, hat are next to each other are differant, the black shading in is really bad..

Dude, you should have went and spent another $200 and got it done right, a great artist would have made that look sweet as hell.. Like you said, the Terrible Towel is a strong representation for the Steelers, you need to be on point with that stuff.

But, you know what, if you like it, thats what matters.. I admir fans that dont jump ship on their teams, and being tagged with that shit, proves dedication.. Im actually going to be in the running for free tickets because of my Browns Tat, and already get free beers because of it,lol..

Anyways, good luck bro, Big Ben is in for it come week 6, he’s going to wish he had that 6 game suspension when my Browns are finished with him..:D

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
rusrious;73900 wrote:
Hey Dude, what ever floats your boat.. Simply being tagged for life with a team is true fanatics.. You can definitly tell its a hurry up job, just saying.. You got a deal for $60, but thats there forever, and really no way to fix it, because I think it could have been much better.. Im being nice, because you did give me props on my Browns tat, and I thank-you for that.. But bro, it could be way better.. I wouldnt be happy with it.. I just had my Steeler fan buddy look at it, and he didnt even like it.. There are 3 E’s, and each are differant, the 2 R’s, hat are next to each other are differant, the black shading in is really bad..

Dude, you should have went and spent another $200 and got it done right, a great artist would have made that look sweet as hell.. Like you said, the Terrible Towel is a strong representation for the Steelers, you need to be on point with that stuff.

But, you know what, if you like it, thats what matters.. I admir fans that dont jump ship on their teams, and being tagged with that shit, proves dedication.. Im actually going to be in the running for free tickets because of my Browns Tat, and already get free beers because of it,lol..

Anyways, good luck bro, Big Ben is in for it come week 6, he’s going to wish he had that 6 game suspension when my Browns are finished with him..:D

Same here. I was in attendance for the last pre-season game and people were coming up and taking pictures of it and everything. I understand it could have been done better, and I’m well aware of this and I understand it’s not going to win any tattoo contest anytime soon since the tattooist who did it in the first place was an old tattooist I quickly SCRAPPED who highly dissapointed me.

The only thing I added was the yellow behind it and was pretty much what I asked for, nothing that concerns me or something that couldn’t have been spent hours on givin’ that the first artist (who I got rid of) already did the lettering a year before this. Critique was already there and I know of the inconsistencies with the lettering and what not. Like I said, I’m very happy with it since it gives me opportunity to add on as tie ins to a themed sleeve eventually.

As far as the Browns, good luck winning more than 3 wins this season. I actually feel bad for you guys that you have to be the first team to see Ben coming off his suspension. Ben is 9-1 against the Browns lifetime so I’m not TOO worried. In all seriousness, good luck to you as well, nothing like football season!:p

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

I can’t add too much more than what’s already been said- the work is not that great but you seem happy with it anyway and that’s all that really matters

Can you explain why you feel so connected to a sports team? I just don’t understand why you would want a full sleeve on your body based on this. To me, it’s like getting your favorite band tattooed to you. To each there own, I’m just curious.

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
Gsouder;73948 wrote:
I can’t add too much more than what’s already been said- the work is not that great but you seem happy with it anyway and that’s all that really matters

Can you explain why you feel so connected to a sports team? I just don’t understand why you would want a full sleeve on your body based on this. To me, it’s like getting your favorite band tattooed to you. To each there own, I’m just curious.

I pretty much popped out of my moms vagina wearing a Terrible Towel. We have a long history here in Pittsburgh that connects the city link by link and Steelers football certainly is a way of life and our football team pretty much defines what the city of Pittsburgh is all about. Blue Collar, hard working people who live an every day normal life with football fever in its veins. Pittsburgh might be hit with the recession and all of this economy garbage, but there’s one thing you can’t take away from us and that’s football. You literally feel the excitement just walking down the streets during this time of year and football is a hotbed around the surrounding area as well.

I’ve shared most of my personal family ties, especially with father and son bonding at none other than Steelers games and ones that we continue to share to this day. We just take football serious around here and I’m no exception. It is our religion. Might sound stupid, but it’s just the way it is. Come to town one day during football Sunday, the hair on the back of your neck will stand up. It’s THAT intense. One big family.

Here’s a video I shot during a game to get an idea how crazy it can get.

alois71x
Participant
@alois71x

Woah

What a stupid idea. Better hope they don’t become the lions in 5 years……

terrible towel…. OMG.

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
alois71x;75130 wrote:
Woah

What a stupid idea. Better hope they don’t become the lions in 5 years……

terrible towel…. OMG.

Anyone with any sense of football knowledge knows damn well the Steelers are one of, if not, the best organization in football and has the best winning percentage since the Super Bowl era. They will never become the Lions and if they did I’d still wear it proud. It’s a sports tattoo in dedication and history of family ties. You haven’t seen any worse ideas out there like faces of celebrities or two unicorns fucking? Thanks for the feedback anyway, asshole.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.