b00stin4days
Participant
@b00stin4days

Well i really wanted a polynesian tattoo, im in the process of doing a sleeve, well. apparently every forum i go on they say its not polynesian and its just thrown together..does anyone here have an idea of what these designs may symbolize? I read up alot before i got it and i liked what it meant, however idk if it was done the right way, where it actually means something. pictures of it done on page 2.

http://www.thetattooforum.com/my-first-tattoo-opinions-polynesian-t14462.html?t=14462&highlight=polynesian

b00stin4days
Participant
@b00stin4days

everyone eating dinnner? lol

-DMD-
Participant
@dmd

Tattoos do not have to mean something… most of the people get tattooed just because it looks good…
Or they just find symbolism in something and then tattoo it, like the ones who tattoo tigers for courage or wings for freedom…
Oh c’mon =]
Do you get your clothes to symbolize something? I don’t think so.

Demure
Participant
@demure

Polynesian ink is so intricate. I think it makes anything look good. And yeah, I don’t think it actually means anything in particular… If you’re looking for meaning outside of what you already know, you may want to look up some Polynesian symbolism. That or if you didn’t pick out your design yourself, ask your artist.

I think it’s so much better looking than plain ol’ tribal… which usually looks like shit.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
-DMD-;65833 wrote:
Do you get your clothes to symbolize something? I don’t think so.

First of all, most people choose their clothing because it reflects something about themselves. In that way, the clothing symbolizes the person.

But think of this… if you were going to choose a piece of clothing that you would wear every day for the rest of your life but could not try it out beforehand, would you pick the first pair of pants you saw hanging on the rack?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.