Boost
Participant
@boost
irishman301;68854 wrote:
Ya, I saw that you said that, but I thought that you were talking about just the one line….like the very outer edge of the upper ‘grey area’. I didn’t know you were talking about all the gray. But it still looks sweet nontheless!

Yes I drew the line around the top and shaded inside of it to show how it would look :). Its good you mentioned this….as it’s given me plenty of time to work out how I would like to cap the top off .. and not just doing an arc around the top. Cheers for the great help as always ๐Ÿ™‚

Boost
Participant
@boost

I have the rest of my arm design sorted out now and I’m exited about getting the rest of my arm completed. I’m planning on keeping everything black and grey.

On the inside of my arm I’m going to get a very detailed skull wearing a baseball cap with a gargoyle on the emblem and white flames coming up around it (this has a lot of meaning for me, prob the most important tattoo i’ll get).

To finish off the back of my arm, I’ll have a dragons head with detailed expression on his face and smoke coming out his nostrols on the back of my shoulder area and the body and foot/claw going down the back of my arm to join up with the skull on the inside of my arm. I’ll have a few flowers around it… not sure what ones yet, either a Lotus flower or Chrysanthemum and add some cherry blossoms.

I will wait longer for one of the best artists to get this done…as I would rather wait and get a awesome job. Going back in a few weeks to get this one finished off, I’m going to have a smaller lotus flower at the top behind the flames to finsh the top, and some shading in the bits that need finishing off.. the sides I will leave for the next tattoos to blend in.

Hope u like the ideas… have a good weekend ๐Ÿ™‚

Boost
Participant
@boost

Just after some advice… its been about 10 days since I had my lastest tattoo.. and the skin where it was shaded heavily is like a wrinkly effect… its not like having folds in the skin but its like a shimmering effect where the skin seems to not be tight as the surrounding areas that werent shaded. If I gently pull the skin tighter with my finger it looks like it should look (before the tattoo) and the shimmering effect goes away and the tattoo looks clearer.

I’m hoping this will go back to normal again? I dont remember this happening when I had my dragon done.

If anyone can let me know if this is normal and just needs more time…that will help me to chill out.

Cheers ๐Ÿ™‚

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al
Butterfly;68826 wrote:
id like this tattoo a lot more if you took a few more pics flexing with your top off ๐Ÿ˜€ muhauhuhuhaahaha

Pervert!

You are the sort of girl our mothers warned us about! :p

Boost
Participant
@boost
Aussie_Al;69213 wrote:
Pervert!

You are the sort of girl our mothers warned us about! :p

haha… I agree… we need more girls like Butterfly on here! ๐Ÿ˜€ :p

I just got back from having my latest tatoo….only 3 hrs this time…. and this was a whole different ball game!! I thought tattoo’s were not that painful.. I have already had 8hrs before of tattoo’ing and they really werent that bad to be fair…I sat 6hrs last time and could have done another 6hrs. I thought I had some kind of super powers until I had this one! lol.

This was only 3hrs today and luckily my time ran out and he called it a day! On the inside of my arm/armpit area and I can tell you.. it bloody hurt at times.. I still have more to do in the arm pit! not looking forward to getting that finished of lol.

I decided to keep my whole upper arm along the same theme of black and grey Japanese/Chinese traditional design.

I am still in the wraping as only just got back… its pretty sore..but I’m happy with it :)… lot more to do yet. I’m having a skull … another Lotus flower that has flames coming out of it.. and some swirly bits still to come..

11june2010.jpg

Boost
Participant
@boost

I thought it would be nice to tell you about my Buddha, as i didnt explain much about it. The Buddha I have is called The Emerald Buddha, it is kept in ‘The Temple of the Emerald Buddha in the Grand Palace in Bankok. The reason it is called the Emerald Buddha is because it was thought that it was made of Emerald but later found it was made of Jade and then covered in Gold and very stunning looking and dates back to 47bc.

The word ‘Buddha’ translates to ‘The Awakened One’.

Here is a picture of the Buddha.

EmeraldBuddhaGold.jpg

I’ll be going back in 2 weeks to have the buddha’s head dress completed and will look nicely finished with the same style head dress as seen in the pic. I drew in on myself to see how it will look completed and it will look pretty nice… so looking forward to this. The Buddha is believed to bring wisdom and protection.

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al
Boost;69358 wrote:
haha… I agree… we need more girls like Butterfly on here! ๐Ÿ˜€ :p

I just got back from having my latest tatoo….only 3 hrs this time…. and this was a whole different ball game!! I thought tattoo’s were not that painful.. I have already had 8hrs before of tattoo’ing and they really werent that bad to be fair…I sat 6hrs last time and could have done another 6hrs. I thought I had some kind of super powers until I had this one! lol.

This was only 3hrs today and luckily my time ran out and he called it a day! On the inside of my arm/armpit area and I can tell you.. it bloody hurt at times.. I still have more to do in the arm pit! not looking forward to getting that finished of lol.

I decided to keep my whole upper arm along the same theme of black and grey Japanese/Chinese traditional design.

I am still in the wraping as only just got back… its pretty sore..but I’m happy with it :)… lot more to do yet. I’m having a skull … another Lotus flower that has flames coming out of it.. and some swirly bits still to come..

11june2010.jpg

Looking great man

I have to say the inside of my RIGHT arm wasn’t so bad bu the inside of my LEFT arm hurt like hell!

Infamous78
Participant
@infamous78

Worst pain I felt was inside bicep. Calf hurt more then I expected as well. Tats looking great, keep on getting more and posting pics.

Boost
Participant
@boost

I’ve got another 6hr session booked for next wednesday… this will be a biggie! I want to get the whole thing finished …but something tells me… it wont all get done, but I am hoping it will be.. that will be a total of 18 hours… is that about normal amount of time for a half sleeve?

KJD2121
Participant
@kjd2121

Mine will end up being about 12 hours. Good luck on that 6 hour session – Brutal.

_D204154.jpg

_D204157.jpg

Boost
Participant
@boost
KJD2121;69741 wrote:
Mine will end up being about 12 hours. Good luck on that 6 hour session – Brutal.

KJD2121, why are you ruining my thread by posting all your tattoo pictures on my page? :confused: I havent put all my pics on your page?

Guys, I was just looking at asking for your feedback on a idea I have for the back of my arm to finish off the top half…

I drew something up… and stuck it on… what you think?

Geishaonbackofmyarmidea.jpg

KJD2121
Participant
@kjd2121

Just giving you an idea of how long your’s may take based on the level of detail in mine. Oh whatever, just trying to help not ruin.

Forget I tried.

Boost
Participant
@boost

Hey.. I didnt do a full day today so I got to watch the England world cup game ๐Ÿ™‚ I did 3 hrs finishing off bits here and there… it still needs around 3-4 hrs to finish everything but I did get the outline of my Geisha done today.. oh and I had the armpit worked on for over 1hr continous.. and that was the worst area for pain I have had done so far and its quite sore at the minute.. looking forward to it healing in a week….but thank fook thats all done now…its all the easy stuff left now ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Here’s a pic of the Geisha.. it was had to take a pic..as its right on the back of my arm.. cant wait to finish off my whole upper arm….after 1 more sitting ๐Ÿ™‚

mygeisha.jpg

p.s anyone lookin through at the progress pics….all the Tiger and Fish tattoos are not mine.. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Boost
Participant
@boost

Here’s the buddha after some more shading today ..

buddhawithcrown.jpg

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.