Tokia
Participant
@tokia

This is my newest tattoo. I’m really loving it. It was completed on 1/2/10 so it’s still relatively new. It’s quite meaningful to me and was custom made by a great artist. The two sides are quite different…. even the figure in the middle is different on each side from her hair to her arms. One side represents earth and fire whie the other represents sky and water. The figure in the middle has her hair reaching for the sky on the sky side and her hair is coming down more on the earth side. Her two sides are different… not symmetrical as it’s two differing aspects of the same mystical being (Goddess). The most important part is that she be balanced and I think the artist captured that really well. I could go on and on about this piece… let me know your thoughts….
By the way, the scorpion under the largest piece was the first tattoo that I got over 20 years ago.

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

Wow that’s a very interesting pieace and location.

strick9
Participant
@strick9

Whoa,thats really smokin:D
Only thing,I think the face needs a little more detail
may just be the pic.
Nice peicr:cool:

Tokia
Participant
@tokia

Thanks for responding. The face is quite plain… which in some ways I really like. Not sure how I’d change it. The Goddess is supposed to be somewhat alien looking… Thanks for your thoughts though as I have had the same. I’ll ponder some more. I’m not quite sure about the bottom of the piece where the hands are meeting…. seems like that could maybe be cleaned up too but I kinda like the effect of something being just the slightest bit off as having the two sides down there at the hands different draws attention (hopefully positive:).

ChaosDani
Participant
@chaosdani

Wow. I love the location. I’ve never seen a band around the ribs like this. It’s great. I like how the goddess looks- maybe just darken her features a bit so she stands out more against the background.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

very nice work i love the placement

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

That’s really unique, and I’m really diggin the style. You oughtta wear that with pride!

Love. Peace. Metallica.

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Oh WOW. I love it. I can’t remember seeing a piece in that location. Nice and original

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

wow thats amazing…i can quite honestly say ive never seen anything like it!x

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi that is some great ink you have there.

Really love the placement makes it very unique.

Take Care
Matthew

Tokia
Participant
@tokia

Thanks for all the replys folks. I’m really in love with it and still discovering things that I didn’t notice about it before. I agree that the placement is unique and I think it works well with the design. I couldn’t have asked for more.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.