JMac0123
Participant
@jmac0123

Well I got my first tat a week ago today and still love it every time I walk by a mirror. Took 2 hours to get most of the outline done. I still have 1 more rose to put above the fist then just a bit of red in the roses and the small leaves will be green, the rest is shading. I wouldnt mind incorporating 2 swallows and eventually a full sleeve. I dunno would you call this a half sleeve ? Anyway tell me whatcha think ! Oh and the banner reads “No thorn will pierce my armor”.

Jimmy.

Photo10.jpg

Photo13.jpg

Photo15.jpg

Photo17.jpg

The Mighty Ming
Participant
@the-mighty-ming

Pretty nice, if you think it looks good now wait until its finished.

Yeah I’d call that a half sleeve, is there anything on your underarm though?

JMac0123
Participant
@jmac0123

Yeah thats why I was hesitant to call it a half sleeve cause theres nothing under there yet. Theres going to be a swallow sitting on one of those jagged stems under there. Thanks for the compliment.

Blue1
Participant
@blue1

Once you get the underneath side done it will be considered a full half sleeve (I have one as well)

Really cool lookin tatt. Keep us posted, I’d like to see the end result….should be really sweet

JMac0123
Participant
@jmac0123

Thanks, got to wait till im back from Cali before I finish her. It will be done in January though.

phantom x
Participant
@phantom-x

that is some SOLID work there dude !

Topher
Participant
@topher

I dig the design definitely, and once the half sleeve if finished it’s gonna be really badass.

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

Very nice man!
Looking forward to seeing it finished.

What inspired that piece?

JMac0123
Participant
@jmac0123

Thank a lot guys.

Sometimes I let stuff get to me to easy that would make me angry, basically its just a reminder to keep tough skin. Let stuff go. The thorns being peoples actions or comments and the armor being me/my personality and the way I feel about things. Pretty much not to let other people affect me or what I do.

Blue1
Participant
@blue1

That is a great way to look at it.

I think a lot of us would say the same. I do, but then again, I have a FTW attitude these days (which I know is not healthy but it’s the way I am)

JMac0123
Participant
@jmac0123

Having a “For The Win” attitude isnt un healthy at all. jk I know what you mean. Is that you in your display pic ? You got some serious ink.

Blue1
Participant
@blue1
JMac0123;56498 wrote:
Having a “For The Win” attitude isnt un healthy at all. jk I know what you mean. Is that you in your display pic ? You got some serious ink.

lol I WISH. But alas, no. All my ink is in my profile. Altho I need to get a few new pics of the ones that turned out really small. I will be gettin those tomorrow.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

I agree with everyone else, looks awesome, colours are really gonna make this an even more killer piece 🙂

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

looks great and love the thoughts behind it! x

Asenath83
Participant
@asenath83
JMac0123;56494 wrote:
Thank a lot guys.

Sometimes I let stuff get to me to easy that would make me angry, basically its just a reminder to keep tough skin. Let stuff go. The thorns being peoples actions or comments and the armor being me/my personality and the way I feel about things. Pretty much not to let other people affect me or what I do.

Did you ask about our opinions on your design earlier this year? I quite distinctively remember a thread about a similar idea and the pictures made me recall that instantly.
EDIT: Remembered that correctly: http://www.thetattooforum.com/need-some-help-my-sleeve-pleaseee-t13690.html

Nice start, this will be beautiful once it is finished. I am happy for you that your idea turned out so well.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.