noravel
Participant
@noravel

Hey all!

Got this one about 4 months ago. LOVE it.. just bothers me that people seem to read it starting with the “an”.. anyone have an idea on how to make the beginning look more like.. the beginning? lol Maybe some shading?

Thanks!
nora

l_3175ef42148545eb9e594743ab2cd300.jpg

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

sunset is an all day process ?? reads fine to me

noravel
Participant
@noravel

well cool. lol, for some reason every single person that i’ve showed it to in person goes “An sunset is… wait.. what?”

-DMD-
Participant
@dmd

you might highlght the Sunset and the Is, “Sunset” would be a lil darker than “Is”
That might solve the problem. Try using photoshop for this and show your friends, let the decide if it works well

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

I read it just fine before I read the text that went with it.

I am afraid these people are just illiterate and do not waste any money on the tattoo, but instead donate it to basic sentence structure classes for these people. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Very nice sentiment and tattoo.

Take Care
Matthew

Crushy
Participant
@crushy

Nice Tattoo!

I think that people probably read it wrong because of the tendency to read from left to right, and with there not being a lot of vertical space between sunset, is, and an, they read it wrong.

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

I read it fine hun, the banner clearly starts with the word sunset ๐Ÿ˜€

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Actually, with the top to bottom, left to right rule, for me the tattoo reads “Sunset An Is…” at first glance, but of course I’d read it again and see the truth. At least I’d never think it starts with the ‘An’ ๐Ÿ™‚

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

There is really no wonder people read it wrong, in most of the world our brain has been taught to always start looking at something from the left side. This goes for pictures, advertising, text, etc. And the word “An” is further to the left than any other part of your tattoo. But, fortuentaly, our brain is also capable of discovering the right way to read it pretty quickly ๐Ÿ™‚
So I don’t think you should worry too much about it ๐Ÿ™‚

The tattoo looks great too ๐Ÿ™‚

noravel
Participant
@noravel

Thanks very much for all the comments.

I got a suggestion to add a bird swooping down towards Sunset. I think I might do that if it ever gets to me enough ๐Ÿ˜›

But for know, I do love it and to see so many people read it correctly online has reinforced that.

Thanks!!
Nora

noravel
Participant
@noravel

better pic ๐Ÿ™‚

l_b4188c7fcee34a3c9fe7692bdc479975.jpg

vizzielover
Participant
@vizzielover

I read it correctly the first time too, love the wording too. All in all I think it is a really neat tattoo……

noravel
Participant
@noravel

thanks ๐Ÿ™‚
i also wanted to let everyone know its from a cLOUDDEAD song.. any other anticon fans out there? ๐Ÿ˜›

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.