dubman
    Participant
    @dubman

Hey people

Had the first sitting of my Black and skin cover up Japanese sleeve yesterday. went alot better than i thought, considering what i wanted covering was a black dragon which i had had done when i was 16 :rolleyes: was a little spectacle on what he would be able to work around it! the Flower he has covered the bulk of the dragon with is going to have to be shaded a bit, but he has been clever and tried to use the original to base some of the shading on, also Japanese waves have taken out some of the original in the centre of the picture. like i say this is the first sitting so still a lot more work to be done.

Original

IMG00268-1.jpg

first session

IMG00446.jpg

sorry about the poor Camera phone quality.

comments welcome

dubman
    Participant
    @dubman

cant really see the flower its mor around the inner side of my arm

Regurgitator
    Participant
    @regurgitator

I like the design , should look well sweet when its finished

dubman
    Participant
    @dubman

hopefully mate! its going right down to my wrist so many hours left as of yet and a whole lot of shading!

vizzielover
    Participant
    @vizzielover

Very tidy, should look great once completed.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

I have seen several hundred coverups and the artist certainly knows their placement and has covered that dragon very well.

It is going to look very sweet when you are finished.
    Keep posting as you get it done would love to see the wip.

Take care
    Matthew

dubman
    Participant
    @dubman

thanks for the comments 🙂 i had the first sitting at 12pm friday and its now 13.30 on sunday u think itl be ok to start using the tattoo goo lotion now, and the tatoo is starting to seal? or a lil longer?

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

Personally i’d give it at least another day just to make sure it is sealing up on the cuts.
    Looking good though.

Take care
    Matthew

dubman
    Participant
    @dubman

ok mate, yea i think maybe another day would be better just to make sure !! decided im going with another smaller koi from the underside of my arm onto the center of my arm joint, lotus flower on my elbow flowing down to some cherry blossom down to my wrist

tuktuk
    Participant
    @tuktuk

i didnt read it properly at first and though it was the other arm you had the new tattoo on !

shows how well its being covered as i didnt even notice it till i read properly 🙂

looking forward to the finished product

dubman
    Participant
    @dubman

lol !! must be doing something right! i was trippin myself out at first, was thinking wtf its different arms lol! MIRROR durr! although i had just got back from the pub lol!

bjornvil
    Participant
    @bjornvil

Dude! I need to see more of that!!!

Please post pictures as soon as you get another session done.

I have a tribal picture on my right arm which I am hoping to be able to cover with a similar idea. I had a japanese themed B&G half sleeve in mind, but I am really worried that I won´t be able to cover up the tribal tattoo with such a design.

Your´s looks like it´s going to come out great.

Looking forward to see more 😀

BIKERinBLACK77
    Participant
    @bikerinblack77

Koi make great cover-up pieces.
    Deff. looking forward to seeing the finished piece.

dubman
    Participant
    @dubman

well people had my second two hour sitting today 😀

decided to crack on with the outlines and there almost all done! have a couple of pics ( sorry about the quality) of the underside of my arm, pics dont really do it justice so far withought seeing it in person, and after the shading!

im very happy so far with how its going 🙂

comments welcome

Image000-1.jpg

Image000.jpg

after shading, will look loads better, get all the bar work done and it should alot of character to it

Lukej
    Participant
    @lukej

Wow looks awesome, didn’t notice the dragon, covered up really well! I love the design

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.