erikminamihata
    Participant
    @erikminamihata

Well, as of last Saturday we started working on my new tattoo. Got through the main outline in about 6 hours. I’ll be going back next month to finish the tail and then start the scales.

Anyone on here have any advice on how to care for something of this size? Applying A&D to this thing is turning out to be a real b*%ch hahahah!

Rapidoh
    Participant
    @rapidoh

Wow great work in progress there, have anything to keep you occupied for those 6 hours at all? I’m sure it will be more than an amazing feeling/piece when its finally finished off ey.
    Still if you’re finding it difficult to reach all of it then maybe ask a friend/family member/girlfriend/boyfriend if they could help you out with keeping it in good shape?

erikminamihata
    Participant
    @erikminamihata

Hahaha, actually I tried texting people for a while..that kind of helped. I just basically zoned out for the most part. But yeah, I can’t wait to finish this up….still have a long way to go 🙁 hahaha.

Oh yeah, the artist’s name is Jiro and he works out of Little Tokyo in Los Angeles

http://www.jirotat.com

vizzielover
    Participant
    @vizzielover

Just spent the last half an hour checking out the link, there is some seriously brilliant ink on there. Can’t wait to see your finished work.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

Wow not seen a dragon that large on anyone in ages.
    its real cool when its done !

Quail
    Participant
    @quail

Wow, that is an ambitious backpiece! Looks fantastic so far – should look even better once the scales are on.

What was the most painful part of the back? I’ve heard the kidney region is pretty sore!

erikminamihata
    Participant
    @erikminamihata

Thank you for the comments :).

Well I’m not going to lie, I don’t have a high threshold for pain haha. But for me the parts that hurt the most were my sides (rib area), the outer tramp stamp area (love handles)…that was the worst, the butt, and that space where the back turns into butt. But yeah, for the most part it really wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be.

Aussie_Al
    Participant
    @aussie_al

Nice work man – I love big pieces – the bigger the better in my book

When I had my back done I had every girl in my apt help me out as there was no way i could reach

FYI: I live with 3 girls

erikminamihata
    Participant
    @erikminamihata

Thanks dude! You’re a lucky guy hahaha.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

That is going to be one sweet looking backpiece and he covered a lot of ground in 6 hrs.
    You will need somebody to apply the cream no way round it really.

I also heard that silk shirts/vests are ideal for those size tattoos whilst it is healing.

Keep posting as you get done it is gonna look great.

Take care
    Matthew

Axe Murderer
    Participant
    @axe-murderer

That’s killer man, how much is that running you if you don’t mind me asking?

seaofc
    Participant
    @seaofc

That is huge! and awesome. Can’t wait to see it with all of the detail to it.

erikminamihata
    Participant
    @erikminamihata

wow, thank you! it’s been a while. well its been about 1 year now and i lost track of the hours..i’m thinking like 56 and i have one more session to go. it was a lot more expensive than i thought it would be lol! i dont even want to think about it but just take 56 x 100 an hour. Here’s an updated pic

35674_103275833056844_1000012328203.jpg

Shokkz
    Participant
    @shokkz

that looks AMAZING!!!

seaofc
    Participant
    @seaofc

Wow man. That is awesome. You definitely have a work of art that you can be proud of.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.