Krizztle
Participant
@krizztle

Hey guys! I’m Krizztle!

I got the mountain lion done by a different artist than the watercolor and overall shading. I love the watercolor, and most of the cat… but I have trouble liking her face. Just wanting to see if any of you tattoo artists or connoisseurs out there can think of a way to make it look better?

Overall, I wanted the more cartoonish appearance. It’s just the face I’m having a hard time with. Any thoughts? Thanks guys!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I think it is savable But you will need a different tattooist to do it.

OrangeSport
Participant
@orangesport

There seems to be quite a bit of potential to change, amend, alter it to make it what you want. Plenty of space to add more detail..

Krizztle
Participant
@krizztle

Thanks guys! That helps me feel I lot more hopeful.
Buttwheat, I think the artist I found will be the one! He does a lot more realism and is awesome at cover ups. Where my original artist’s specialty was new school. I think he was trying to branch out, to more of a “middle ground” cartoon for me, but didn’t go so well in a few areas. But I will talk more with the new tattooist and see if he has other recommendations.

Thanks again!

jinny123
Participant
@jinny123

I actually quite like it as it is but each to their own.
Which artist are you thinking of going with? Cover ups / additions is a different skillset to normal fresh tattoos.

jinny123
Participant
@jinny123

Also do you have any examples of what you want it to look like in the first place. We need pics pls

Krizztle
Participant
@krizztle

Hi Jinny,
I’ve had a ton of people tell me I’m being overly critical of it, and that it is a wonderful tattoo. I’m sure that is true, I can be a bit OCD. So thank you for your opinion on it, I appreciate that.
I don’t have an actual example of what I wanted initially. I told the original artist I wanted a cartoonish mountain lion, kind of stepping down into a flower/vine type scene. He drew it up and I said it looked great. I did send him an idea for what I meant by “stepping down”, I’ll post that below.

I think maybe the difference for me was the face on a flat, paper surface… Vs my rounded arm. Everything but the face seems exactly as the image he drew.
I’d like an entire sleeve eventually, maybe as everything comes together I won’t focus so much on one little thing so much.
The artist I’m going to now is Brian Ulibarri in downtown Denver. He is amazing! But has a really long waiting list, I can usually only see him twice a year.
Thanks again for your feedback!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

“The artist I’m going to now is Brian Ulibarri in downtown Denver.”

He will knock it out of he park

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.