rocko2804
Participant
@rocko2804

Hi, do you think traditional eagle tattoos are only for americans? i want a tat with 3 eagles but i dont if that mean people are going to relate it with USA, army, marines…

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

A bald eagle then yes people will probably assume that, but on the other hand, its not for them, its for you, you don’t have to explain yourself to anyone or give them your reasons why. You aren’t required to answer to anyone else about your choice of tattoo, all you are required to do is find a good artist to do the work well and provide you with an excellent tattoo that you are proud to show off. If you want to avoid that association you can get a different type of eagle but I’ve personally never put much stock in other peoples opinions on my life choices. You’re the one that has to live with it after all.

rocko2804
Participant
@rocko2804

@kittykat200 145571 wrote:

A bald eagle then yes people will probably assume that, but on the other hand, its not for them, its for you, you don’t have to explain yourself to anyone or give them your reasons why. You aren’t required to answer to anyone else about your choice of tattoo, all you are required to do is find a good artist to do the work well and provide you with an excellent tattoo that you are proud to show off. If you want to avoid that association you can get a different type of eagle but I’ve personally never put much stock in other peoples opinions on my life choices. You’re the one that has to live with it after all.

[lang=es]The idea is an anchor with 3 birds.. I have a story.. I choose eagles because i dont want to look like girls tattoos.. But im asking myself if that could get me in troubles.[/lang]

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

Bird tattoos are not “girls tattoos”

Swallow tattoos were originally worn by sailors to mark experience and number of nautical miles sailed for example. You have to remember that up until more recent years being tattooed was not something that women generally participated in so all of the common imagery you see was almost certainly originally worn by men. Not to mention, if you’re a man, and you dress like a man, and identify yourself as a man, no tattoo is going to stop you being a man. A friend of mine (male) has a half sleeve of pink and purple flowers. It’s beautiful, and no one questions if he’s “girly” it’s just some beautiful artwork.

You need to stop thinking so much about what other people think. You want birds, get birds!

Dan
Participant
@dan

@rocko2804 145570 wrote:

Hi, do you think traditional eagle tattoos are only for americans? i want a tat with 3 eagles but i dont if that mean people are going to relate it with USA, army, marines…

there are eagles all over the planet,in many countries,the Bald Eagle is an american symbol,but that’s it(just a symbol),any eagle tattoo would make a great tattoo IMO,I especially like traditional eagle tattoos,eagle tattoos can be worn by anyone from anywhere,and besides,like was said,who cares what others think if it’s what you want ?

if I saw a good eagle tattoo on a male or female,I wouldn’t care or even think about where they are from,I would simply think it’s a cool tattoo.

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

I really like a well executed traditional style eagle tattoo. And as long as you don’t include a waving American flag it won’t look all ‘American’.

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

I have a purple rose on my elbow. All man here. Eagles are badass no matter what country youre from.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Eagles are popular tattoo subjects. I suggest you go with them, but make them unique. Have a design created specifically to suite your body.

Find a great tattooer to make it a kickass tattoo.

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

Eagles are super common where I’m from – at leat an 8-10hr flight from the US. Not a US tattoo, unless it’s a bald eagle with a US flag.
And; Eagles were a sign of good luck for vikings. So uh, there’s that.

Get whatever you want. But get it done good!

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

@Anila 145649 wrote:

Do not worry, the most important thing is how you present it. If you tattoo an eagle against the background of the American flag like here people will associate it with USA. This is also common in some countries like the US, Turkey, Rome, Russia, Poland, Germany, among others. I saw a tattoo of eagle with bagpipe and tattoo of Chinese eagle.
Eagles are used to signify authority, superiority, and a righteous domain. All in all the common symbolisms of the tattoo of an eagle include protection, dominance, masculinity, skill, action, command, freedom, guardianship, focus, determination, community, and action. At some point, they may also be used to represent power, inspiration, judgment and a ruler.

Did someone just discover Wikipedia? 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.