John Jackson
Participant
@john-jackson

I love the artist and the quality of the tattoo. Although it’s just a base layer of color so far, the quality is great (in my opinion). It’s just that the more I look at the tattoo, the worse I feel about it.
Are there any options for cover-ups? The main problems I have with it are 1) the fact that it’s color — I have discovered that I really don’t like color as much as I thought I did, and 2) the bio mechanical theme was better in my head than in reality.

Here is the tattoo: http://i.imgur.com/Zz8Yuj0.jpg

I have bloodlines all the way up my arm to my shoulder, but the actual color only goes up to my elbow (we didn’t get far). Am I super limited with cover-up options and how do you think my artist is going to take it when I tell him my concerns with it? I would prefer to have just black/shading in a tattoo instead of color.

Dan
Participant
@dan

how long have you had it ?

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

I guess I don’t really understand how you got this far before deciding you don’t like biomech or colour when you chose a biomech sleeve in colour? Did you research designs? Did you not take a good look at the stencil? Is it the colours that your artist has chosen that has put you off or is it all colour in general? Did you not discuss a colour palette before you started? How old is the tattoo right how? a few days/weeks/months? Colour can easily be covered with black but to completely cover it its going to be quite blocked rather than shaded because its no longer serving the purpose of enhancing the tattoo but instead disguising something that was already there. Covering the whole thing with something else now will be tricky. You run the risk of having to choose a design with a lot of dark and block shading to cover the more complicated aspects of the tattoo. If you hate it that much leave it until its healed and then laser it and start again, but this time make sure to choose something you actually want.

John Jackson
Participant
@john-jackson

I actually think it’s more along the lines of symmetry and alignment that’s bothering me the most. I just sent a message to my artist about extending the design to the wrist to make it a full sleeve. I don’t like how the tattoo has various end points…I prefer something to end at the same point all the way around the forearm like this: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ce/de/7b/cede7b4c3bb2d24d7f328599fd84a56e.jpg

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

So you don’t like biomech or colour so you’re going to ask him to extend it even further?

Safe to say I’m confused…

MattInked
Participant
@mattinked

I would say to learn to enjoy the regret you have from this Tattoo.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Covering that thing won’t be too easy. If you don’t like it, don’t get more done and start saving for the laser.

Dan
Participant
@dan

@MattInked 145068 wrote:

lol sounds like buyer’s remorse to me too.

Dan
Participant
@dan

@MattInked 145068 wrote:

lol sounds like buyer’s remorse to me too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.