kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

Having already got one ( the hand grenade in my album on my middle finger 😎 ) i know that no matter how well done finger tattoos have a tendency to spread, blow or disintegrate completely. Mine has blurred out a little over time, it still looks pretty good, you can see what it is but its not as sharp as it once was.

That hasnt put me off though…

I want some mini mandala style patterns onthe top half of my the main fingers (not little fingers or thumb, near the nail bed) of my left hand, but given how intricate and “dotwork” madala work tends to be what do you think is the likelihood of this still being decent after time?

MattInked
Participant
@mattinked

Yeah I think the fingers either way will spread over time. I’ve never had them done on myself but know many people who have. I think a mandala would be fairly detailed and would make the small size for any finger difficult to pull off. I do suppose that using open pattern versus detailed patterns would be best. As far as dotwork goes. This is just me speculating but I would think that it would give the design and pattern a more long term feel to it. I think dots in small places work well. You should definitely post any pics of what you end up doing so we can see!

Afink87
Participant
@afink87

Your grenade looks awesome, I think you’ll be good. I was warned about finger tattoos and fading, I took very good care of mine while they were healing, and they aren’t faded (maybe a little blown out) I think womens finger tattoos turn out better because were not generally as rough on our hands.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

The grenade is a little blown out now unfortunately but it was expected and tbh you can still see exactly what it is it just looks older so im not bothered. I just have an idea in my mind of these intricate dots and lines but don’t want it to end up looking like a blur! lol

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.