kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

Everyone knows that a tattoo enthusiast has as many tattoos as are on their body plus one, because they will already be planning their next addition!

My own next addition is an intircate geometric style lionness head on the front of my right thigh with some mandala work around it for decoration and possibly a couple of peonies to tie it in to the knuckle duster and swallow that i already have on the top side of my right thigh. Its a whole day sitting and im getting and amazing price because hes in a bike club that my partners bike club is a sponsor for (love bikie politics when it gets me cheap/free stuff) lol ive known him myself for years and hes a super talented artist so im hoping this will be right up his ally and he’ll knock it out of the park. My appointment is the 17th july so only another week and a half to wait!

I am a huge advocate of hunting down and using and highlighting local talented artsists rather than just hunting down the big names. Dont get me wrong i would love a carlos torres piece or something by bez or david corden but there are just as many undiscovered incredibly skilled artists out there too!

So what are you guys planning next, where is it going and when is your appointment!? 🙂

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

Next tattoo is Saturday. One after that is Sunday. Wait and see!

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

I have four hours booked on Thursday. Lindsay wilson will be working on my back.

I’m taking smoked turkey wings for the whole shop. (6 tattooers)

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

those are some spoilt artists! something tells me you get a heavy discount there right?? lol

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@kittykat200 144609 wrote:

those are some spoilt artists! something tells me you get a heavy discount there right?? lol

They treat me pretty well.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

so what are you guys actually getting??

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@kittykat200 144623 wrote:

so what are you guys actually getting??

I have old fart, or liver spots, on my back. I also have raptor, volcano, and a Volkswagen tattoos. Lindsay Wilson is going to dress up thes spots to look like rocks being blown out of the volcano. After that she’ll be continuing on the back piece.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

haha! sounds awesome 🙂

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

I’m getting a couple more masquerade ladies. Hovastattoos will be scribbling on me all day Saturday, then a full day with Remis on Sunday. I still can not believe that I’m getting a piece from Remis. I have coveted his stuff for a long time, but Dublin was just too far away. I’m really excited to see what these guys have come up with for me.

turbosatan
Keymaster
@turbosatan

@Sam-I-Am 144605 wrote:

I have four hours booked on Thursday. Lindsay wilson will be working on my back.

I’m taking smoked turkey wings for the whole shop. (6 tattooers)

@Sam-I-Am
um i need the recipe……

i do chicken wings all the time but i have never smoked any food. and from the look of these i need to

ill swap you my manchego chorizo stuffed chicken thigh recipe for your smoked turkey legs knowledge!!

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@turbosatan 144637 wrote:

Sam-I-Am[/MENTION] um i need the recipe……

Make a brine consisting of brown sugar, kosher salt, and granulated garlic. (Add hot pepper of your choice if you so desire)
Bring it to a boil, turn off heat, add turkey wings, and let steep over night.
Keep your smoker at around 140 degrees F. Use dried field corn cobs to make the smoke.

The hot brine will permeate the wings and the heat will tenderize the meat. Those wings pictured were smoked for 10 hours, but you could take them off anytime and finish the cooking in a regular oven.

Just have a grill? As you grill wings or ANYTHING, you can put a corn cob (or chunk of wood) or so near the back of the grill. You will boost the flavor significantly.

Is your chorizo recipe a secret? Send me a PM.

Good luck, keep us posted!

This is how Lindsay converted my old fart spots into fireballs spewing from the volcano.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

I’m not a chef but that all sounded incredibly complicated! haha!

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@kittykat200 144679 wrote:

I’m not a chef but that all sounded incredibly complicated! haha!

It does take a lot of time, but the results are worth it!

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

So my next tattoo is the day after tomorrow, and i dont have a drawing, i think we’re just gonna wing it on the day and see what happens! I’m excited! Obviously i know what i asked for but no idea what the final result will be. Lucky I trust my artist really! haha!

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

@kittykat200 144717 wrote:

So my next tattoo is the day after tomorrow, and i dont have a drawing, i think we’re just gonna wing it on the day and see what happens! I’m excited! Obviously i know what i asked for but no idea what the final result will be. Lucky I trust my artist really! haha!

I did that this weekend. I originally asked for a masquerade but we didn’t have time to go over any references beforehand. At the appointment we started to talk and artist showed me one of his original drawings and we did that instead. Went in a completely different direction, a warrior woman wearing an intricate helmet. It’s always really cool to get a piece that the artist is excited to work on.

Have fun, can’t wait to see what you get!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.