mattaus
Participant
@mattaus

Got my red dragon tattoo on the 23rd June, looks amazing but after a week and some scabbing coming off its lost its coloured, its also got this weird bluish lining outside of the black out link. I have had a few tattoos before but never ones with colour and I’m starting to feel a little paranoid that things arnt quite right. I send pics to the tattoist on they said its just the healing process. I’m just after a 2nd opinion just to but my mind at ease

After the tattoo on the day had finished

Fading colour at top by horn

20150701_183815.jpg Photo by mattaus76 | Photobucket

Blue outline beyond outer black
20150701_184254.jpg Photo by mattaus76 | Photobucket

Would appreciate some feedback, hopefully Im just been paranoid as i only had it done 8 days ago, using bepanthen 4-5 times a day

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Blown out. Stop putting crap on it and let it breath

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

butt’s correct!

That’s NOT part of the healing process!

Keep us posted.

mattaus
Participant
@mattaus

Well that is not good as my tattoist said apply bepanthlen small amounts still 4-5 times day still which I have been, when you say blown out is that the colour coming beyond the outline? Really concerned now, will it not get to what it looked like after it was done?

So should I stop putting cream on it then?

Thanks

mattaus
Participant
@mattaus

I have just read up about blow out and majority say the tattooist has gone to deep causing it to blow out.

What do you think I should do, wait until it has healed then go back to them?

Thanks

Matt

turbosatan
Keymaster
@turbosatan

i would go back to them now. voice your concerns straight away so they know its coming when its healed up.

bepanthen etc are good to assist healing but you shoudl apply a very thin layer only. just enough to be absorbed only.

If there is any chance/indication of it getting infected etc then visit a doc and your artist asap to get advice form them directly.

mattaus
Participant
@mattaus

@turbosatan 144475 wrote:

i would go back to them now. voice your concerns straight away so they know its coming when its healed up.

bepanthen etc are good to assist healing but you shoudl apply a very thin layer only. just enough to be absorbed only.

If there is any chance/indication of it getting infected etc then visit a doc and your artist asap to get advice form them directly.

Hi
I already contacted them last night and spoke to them about my concern, aslo talked today to them but they are still not worried and saying it just needs to heal and can take another 2 weeks or so even longer depending how the body heals. Iam using bepanthen but only thing layers 3-4 times a day but its still about 60% scabbed over. I also spoke to a couple of guys who I work with and they seem to think it will be ok after its completely healed. Im hping it will and the colours should become more vibrant after its healed. I will keep you posted on the progress. Maybe its just been been impatient and paranoid after looking it up on the net.
Matt

ThePanda
Participant
@thepanda

@mattaus 144473 wrote:

my tattoist said apply bepanthlen small amounts still 4-5 times day

let it heal on its own. just keep it clean with some natural soap and your body will do the rest

also blow out can also occur when the angle of the machine is extreme.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Tattoos take at very least three months to heal.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

STOP PUTTING STUFF ON IT

mattaus
Participant
@mattaus

As from today I wont be putting any cream on my tattoo, quite a few people say you need to but a few say they never did.

Where the scabbing has come off the ink is a lot paler than when it was done, suppose to be blood red in most parts and looks more like a pinkish, you can see in the image:

Will the colours become more vibrant in time or is this something else that isnt right?

Thanks for your advice guys

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

A healed tattoo is never quite as bright as a fresh one because a new layer of skin grows over it, but should still be the same colour. You are going to have to go back for a touch up to fix where the colour ‘fell out’. In general touch ups are free (except hands/feet/face). You are also probably going to have to either have the outline made thicker or add some background to disguise all those blown lines.

It won’t be fully healed for several months, but after 4 weeks it will be healed enough to be touched up.

Good luck.

mattaus
Participant
@mattaus

@Call_me_Lola 144496 wrote:

A healed tattoo is never quite as bright as a fresh one because a new layer of skin grows over it, but should still be the same colour. You are going to have to go back for a touch up to fix where the colour ‘fell out’. In general touch ups are free (except hands/feet/face). You are also probably going to have to either have the outline made thicker or add some background to disguise all those blown lines.

It won’t be fully healed for several months, but after 4 weeks it will be healed enough to be touched up.

Good luck.

Many thanks for the reply, I’ll wait until the scabs of gone then I will go and see them.

mattaus
Participant
@mattaus

Thought I would update with a picture, its been over 3 weeks and all the scabbing has come off, you can see that there is some blown out ink especially on the left side of the dragon.

Not sure what they can do but I will go and see them after my hols next week

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee395/mattaus76/20150715_2200381.jpg

Afink87
Participant
@afink87

I’m going against popular opinion, I wouldn’t be too concerned with the minor imperfections, I have had tattoos heal like that. It looks like he had a very heavy hand, it hurt pretty good huh? I wouldn’t
be embarrassed or ashamed with that tattoo but I wouldn’t go back to him either.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.