solomon23
Participant
@solomon23

Hi all im currently 2/3rds in getting my sleeve done, the only prob is im now stuck for ideas! – I currently have some roses, a dove, an hourglass,a time piece and a few diamonds. The only problem is im now struggling with ideas to finish it off.
I no ppl will say I should decide what im having etc but with some ideas could help to get me thinking again!!

I would put pics on here but I have no idea how to do it.

Many Thanks
chris

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

what kind of style is your current work? realism or traditional, black and grey or colour? i cant post pictures through the forum either for some reason so go to your profile and create an album and post the pictures there, then people can refer back to it. Is the dove in any way a religious symbol or just because you wanted birds? how much of the arm does the sleeve currently take up and how much further do you want it to go?

the answer to your question really is that you can fill it with anything but some idea of the idrection you were aiming for will help with further suggestions 🙂

solomon23
Participant
@solomon23

cheers kitty ive add photos to my profile so ppl can see my current sleeve! hopefully this will help and ill get some feedback and advice- as you will see its all black and white and pretty traditional. The inner arm is done up to my arm pit, tricep is done to just above the elbow

cheers

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

Just had a look through, that’s some really nice work you have there! the pocket watch is lovely! Also becasue you have started from the bottom and worked your way up i think that actually leave you with more option than if you started at the top. Not only do you have more space for bigger more elabroate items to be showcased but the way i see it is things tend to grow up from the ground. so you can end up with cloud and sky shapes as a filler across your shoulder and it wouldnt look weird. I would maybe use a couple more roses as the one you have is so lovely, maybe an old fashioned compass? mayeb as you already have the pocket watch and the hour glass you could make it a time themed piece and include the top of a big old grandfather clock. The list is endless. have a scan around and just see what kind of imagery you like the look of!

solomon23
Participant
@solomon23

ive got another rose that’s next to the elbow so not sure 3rd would look too good. Cheers for your compliments and advice etc its much appreciated. I just need to get my brain back into working gear and think of some ideas

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

I peeked at your album. Nice stuff. Who is the artist?

Do you follow many artists on Instagram? I often find inspiration in something that is posted there.

solomon23
Participant
@solomon23

luke brandish is the artist! no don’t really follow any on there

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

More vegetation, an hourglass, a heart, a globe, an eye, and a black panther

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

You’re missing a koi.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.