Bradderz
Participant
@bradderz

Hi everyone, I’m new here but thought that this would be the best place to ask for opinions on my new tattoo.
I had this tattoo done 9 days ago, the last of the scans fell of yesterday but I find the lines a bit shaky and uneven.
Maybe it’s just me what do you think?
And if so can this be touched up or covered?
Any advice and feedback would be great!

Photo – http://i57.tinypic.com/11hgfmr.jpg

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!

The lines don’t look very good, but you should have a better close up shot to better check accuracy.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

11hgfmr.jpg

I’m sorry but it is shaky uneven and the spacing is wonky but if you like it that is all that matters

Bradderz
Participant
@bradderz

That’s the thing I don’t like it, can this be touched up or is it unfixable ?

jinny123
Participant
@jinny123

@Bradderz 144151 wrote:

you could quite easily get a steadier hand to add some mroe to the lines or even add some background around it to give it more to show up on

its difficult because its so fine and assume it was just the date you wanted and not a bigger piece.

i would just ask a tattoo artist to take a close look and look at maybe makiing the lines very slightly wider to get the perfect lines in there and see if a background might look good too

ArniVidar
@arnividar

@Bradderz 144151 wrote:

Touching it up would not work IMO. If you’re not happy with it, I’d say your only option is a laser, after which you could get something better.

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

The letters are too close for touchup. It will turn into a dark pit of hell.

Bradderz
Participant
@bradderz

Could it be coverd up with say a small black feather tattoo ?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

@Bradderz 144225 wrote:

Yes but find someone skilled to do it

ArniVidar
@arnividar

@Bradderz 144225 wrote:

Yes, but it’s going to be a pretty black blob to cover that text. Not a pretty feather at all, IMO.

Bradderz
Participant
@bradderz

If a feather isn’t going to look good, can you suggest something else to cover it or perhaps a completely different approach?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Whatever you choose to cover this up with will obviously need to be dark enough to cover it up, and big enough to make sense. It will also need to be done by a proper tattoo artist.
The question is not what you can use to cover this up. The question is what do you want on your wrist? You obviously wanted something small and light, or you wouldn’t have done that tiny text thing. Depending on what you choose, the coverup might need to be 5 times bigger than your text in order to make sense and look good.

I gave you my different approach right from the start. Get it lasered enough so that it becomes easier to cover, which vastly improves the pool of imagery you can choose from.

Bradderz
Participant
@bradderz

So if i were to get something a lot bigger and darker like a rose or an owl… Would the old tattoo be visible through the mew cover up?
For example: 72f45dacc337c013e052704505946150.jpg

turbosatan
Keymaster
@turbosatan

something this size will def cover that up.

it really depends on what you want to go for. do you want a big piece which would basically look like the start of a sleeve. or did you want somethign basic to just cover the initial tattoo.
If you got a few rounds of lasering done it would lighten it substantially (in normal circumastances) and enable you to have more choice essentially.

also a lot of tattoo artists are pretty good at coverup work and will be able to assist you with a design that will cover the existing tattoo and/or get you a design youparticularly want to have.

Whereabouts in the world are you?

@Bradderz 144251 wrote:

So if i were to get something a lot bigger and darker like a rose or an owl… Would the old tattoo be visible through the mew cover up?
For example: 72f45dacc337c013e052704505946150.jpg

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.