Where the fuck is space city?

zombae8723
Participant
@zombae8723

lmao Huntsville Al.

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

I heard about this one last minute. Lineup is decent. Its just to far for me to go hang out.

zombae8723
Participant
@zombae8723

I’ve never been to a tattoo convention or expo or anything like that. Since this one is in my neck of the woods and I’m getting a piece by one of the artist that’s attending, I thought I’d check it out.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

@zombae8723 146959 wrote:

I’ve never been to a tattoo convention or expo or anything like that. Since this one is in my neck of the woods and I’m getting a piece by one of the artist that’s attending, I thought I’d check it out.

They are cool. It is always a good chance to get tattooed by a great tattooist with out the huge waiting list but still be careful any old yahoo can tattoo there just by giving the entry fee.
I like getting tattooed at conventions as all the people watching is a good distraction.

zombae8723
Participant
@zombae8723

Wish I’d known about it before making my appointment and having to wait now

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I looked through the list of attending tattooists and only heard of a few of the names and none of those I would knock myself out to get inked by. kristel oreto does great work but she charges her hourly rate for all time spent with you.talking,drawing up the design the stencil, setting up and of coarse tattoo time. she starts a timer.

zombae8723
Participant
@zombae8723

definitely looks like the style I like, I wouldn’t like her charging style though.

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

My wife got tattooed by her at a shop and she was really fast. Cant comment on her convention timer haha. I dont even think she was there though. She bails on conventions if she doesnt book up her time.

Dan
Participant
@dan

@buttwheat 146972 wrote:

kristel oreto does great work but she charges her hourly rate for all time spent with you.talking,drawing up the design the stencil, setting up and of coarse tattoo time. she starts a timer.

sorry,but that’s bullshit IMO,she could walk on water(which is what many tattooers think they do) and I wouldn’t give her the time of day,that’s a little over the top. fuck that shit.

the tattoo world has gotten a little out of control in regards to cost and tattooers thinking their shit doesn’t stink.

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

@Dan 146994 wrote:

sorry,but that’s bullshit IMO,she could walk on water(which is what many tattooers think they do) and I wouldn’t give her the time of day,that’s a little over the top. fuck that shit.

the tattoo world has gotten a little out of control in regards to cost and tattooers thinking their shit doesn’t stink.

But in her defense she only charged my wife 100$ an hour and thats well below average in the southeast. Her rate goes up at shows though. We walked in and she was set up stencil was already done so its not like she was dragging her feet.

zombae8723
Participant
@zombae8723

I’m not sure if she was there or not. I caught myself looking couldn’t remember her name. Everyone I saw with that style was guys. I might have just looked over her though.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.