rosemc
    Participant
    @rosemc

Hey all,

I’ve been looking for the right artist to do my sleeve for a couple years and I’ve finally found her in Portland. Unfortunately, that’s about 630 miles away from where I live in San Francisco. Anyone have any experience for traveling far away to get something that would take multiple sessions? How fast do you think someone would be willing to do a sleeve? Any ideas for how to make this work? Thanks

Rose

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

To some that is a long distance. There are those in this forum that have traveled thousands of miles for a specific tattoo artist.

You will have your sleeve for the rest of your life.

Sounds like it will be worth the travel time. (Who is the artist?)

rosemc
    Participant
    @rosemc

@Sam-I-Am 142881 wrote:

To some that is a long distance. There are those in this forum that have traveled thousands of miles for a specific tattoo artist.

You will have your sleeve for the rest of your life.

Sounds like it will be worth the travel time. (Who is the artist?)

Artist is Alice Carrier at Wonderland. Just worried about flying there all the time. Any idea of how many sessions a botanical sleeve takes and how long I would have to wait between sessions?

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Artist’s work at different speeds.

If the artist is really good, it’s fine to take some time for a great tattoo.

Karviniya
    Participant
    @karviniya

It’s normal to go far away to do a sleeve by good tattooartist. Tattoo will be on your skin all time in your live. It doesn’t so difficult to divide work with skeeve on several session.

p/s: I go to my tattooartist over the 3607 miles. And normal) Once a year a fly to his city ๐Ÿ™‚

Kimmietec
    Participant
    @kimmietec

Don’t worry about how far away she is or how fast she can do it, just figure out how to save up the extra time and money. It’ll definitely be worth it in the long run. Also, she may do guest spots and/or conventions closer to you, which could make it slightly easier. Get in touch with her and see what you can figure out!

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

I travel thousands of miles every year for my works. I went to the Ukraine for me sleeve and rather that go back I just did 8 days straight and got it done in one go ๐Ÿ™‚

Traveling isn’t a problem if you can do it and the artist is worth it.

I think you can get a better artist if you really want to get something incredible but Buttwheat already told you that on the other forum ๐Ÿ™‚

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

That’s a fuckload of miles.

..hey, there’s another forum?

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@BertNaked 142912 wrote:

That’s a fuckload of miles.

..hey, there’s another forum?

Ye lol 2 more ๐Ÿ™‚

Tattoo Talk – Big Tattoo Planet Community Forum

View Forum – Tattoos :: Tattoo Forum at Everytattoo.com

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.