Jennaj73
    Participant
    @jennaj73

Hi everyone, I’m new to the site and would appreciate some advice.
    I got my first finger tattoo 10 days ago, and I’m not sure if it’s blown out, or this is just the healing. I know fingers are tricky areas and I went to a tattooist who was highly recommended. I’ve washed and applied bepanthen 2-3 times a day since it’s been done. It’s now peeling and looks horrible. Anyway, any advice would be appreciated as to whether you think it’s blow out or just healing. If it’s blowout, any suggestions on a touch up? White ink?
    I can’t figure out how to upload a photo as I don’t have a photos haring web account and it seems I can only upload a URL, but I have uploaded it to my public photo album on here which I guess you can see through my profile.
    Thanks in advance

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome!

That looks like a blowout for sure.
    It also looks like a poorly done tattoo. (Who was the artist?)
    It also looks like you are using way too much ointment. Only use a very small amount.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Auch. That is a massive blow out, no doubt. Don’t know if you asked for it to be shaped that way,or just for a heart?
    Not necessarily poorly done, depends what you asked for, as finger tattoos are hard to predict and very often end with blowouts.
    But uhm, your only options are laser or cover up. It can’t be fixed, sorry. Coloring it with blue might make it look intentional and a lot better, though.
    White ink won’t help one bit.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Thar she blows

It was nothing you did to cause this except your choice of tattooists. As said by Pox you can’t fix that, start to plan your coverup now.

Sam quit calling these people artist unless they are artists call them tattooists

Jennaj73
    Participant
    @jennaj73

Oh dear, thanks everyone that is what I thought 🙁
    I wanted the loop specifically on the heart so that’s not the guys fault. It looked so near and perfect when he 1st did it!
    I’ve only been using a pin head amount of ointment so I’m sure I’m not overdoing it. He used a tiny needle and it hardly hurt at all so I’m surprised it blew out. I used a guy in a parlour in Leamington, Warwickshire in the UK. I’ve known lots of people who used him and he had good reviews, so he wasn’t just a cowboy. I’ve added a pic of it just after it was done in my profile album as well
    Any ideas on cover up? Thanks

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@buttwheat 142552 wrote:

Sam quit calling these people artist unless they are artists call them tattooists

Point made butt. (In this case “scratcher” may be more appropriate)

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

I don’t think it’s fair to label the tattooist as a “scratcher” based off such a tiny little tattoo, especially one in a placement known for blow outs… Honestly, a great artist could end up doing something like this, especially if they’re not very experienced with finger tattoos, their mentor wasn’t etc, hell, they may even have had issues with even doing the tattoo in the first place because they knew the risk, but had a customer insist and be willing to take the risk!!
    I agree with being honest about bad work, but it’s gone a bit too far in terms of judging and labeling artists as “scratchers” and being horrible, based on tiny amounts of work…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.