poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

So, in 110 days I’m arriving in Bangkok! Taking a trip of indefinite length, with very few plans. But I do intend to see Thailand, Myanmar, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Singapore, Indonesia and Malaysia, possibly India (although I’m fairly sure I’d never leave India). Already have one tattoo plan down as I’m meeting up with Remis in thailand to finish my lower arm.
    But I’ve dedicated a leg to travel ink. It has three tattoos already, one is a drunken tattoo, one was done in Florida, and a third will be lasered off, so it made sense. Now, I intend on doing some of it on this trip. Mainly knee and thigh. I’ll be travelling much later in life as well, so not filling it up or anything.
    But I was thinking of getting a few things done; A traditional oriental tiger, a bamboo mandala on my knee, maybe an elephant (I want a new school one with a frog shaped/inspired hot air balloon), I suppose some flowers would be nice as well. And probably something completely ridiculous that I haven’t thought of yet but that I’ll think off while drunk on a beach in Cambodia or something.

Now, I’ve seen Peter’s list, ofc. But does anyone know of other amazing artists I should seek out? Preferably within those countries, but I’m flexible. Not like I have a travel plan or anything. Especially the bamboo part, I need one. If I’m getting travel ink done in a seedy country, at least it’s gonna be by the best artist in the area, right?!

So any tips about artists would be super welcome, even if it’s someone who you know is doing a guest spot/travelling through sometime january-july ๐Ÿ™‚

Dan
    Participant
    @dan

sounds like a hell of a fun trip !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

In Singapore a Ael Lim and Elvin Yong for sure. There were a couple in Malaysia but I can’t remember off the top of my head.

Prudence Stonefield
    Participant
    @prudence-stonefield

@poxphobia I spend last holiday in Thailand and I found very interesting place. It’s one of the best thailand tattoo shool where are studing a lot of people from around the world. If you check “student art” or “student video” on this page you can look at works. Bamboo method is my favourite, so traditional and uniqe! Check here: Tattoo Artist Training Courses & Tattoo School Thailand

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

@Prudence Stonefield 141766 wrote:

@poxphobia I spend last holiday in Thailand and I found very interesting place. It’s one of the best thailand tattoo shool where are studing a lot of people from around the world. If you check “student art” or “student video” on this page you can look at works. Bamboo method is my favourite, so traditional and uniqe! Check here: Tattoo Artist Training Courses & Tattoo School Thailand

Uhm, no. I’m looking for the very best of the best, I am not letting some wanker from a scratcher school EVER touch me. Let’s compare.. I’m looking for Michelangelo, that’s a preschool for 5 year olds who can’t yet hold a crayon. So, no thanks.

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

Tattoo school…. in Thailand..
    e9Wjhv0.gif

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Holy crap I leave in 10d ays…
    So I found a munk tattoo artist in Thailand that does amazing, hand poked tattoos, but it’s all “he picks the piece and the spot” (usually okay with, but uhm, I’m reserving some places for certain artists!) and seems quite touristy… Might need to re-think that part. Just started e-mailing a few artists, still looking for more! ๐Ÿ™‚ I checked out some random links via trip advisor and instagram and came across quite a few very talented artists, might be some undiscovered talent in this region!
    Still looking for recommendations though – any amazing artist that is located in this region or is going there, let me know!

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

man there were a couple artists from Thailand I saw on my fb but i can’t remember their names. i wish i could help you out…

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

I’ve found a few, Eak fulltime seems pretty decent! I wanted to get inked in Myanmar, but that seems way more difficult! Hoping to just come across someone randomly, could make for a good story.

Thanks for the help – I’ll be there for quite a while and check in here once in a while, so let me know if you remember or come across someone! ๐Ÿ™‚

xanderx
    Participant
    @xanderx

Goodluck on your trip! Why leave out Philippines?! You are in the area you are missing out on the best vacay spot!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.