StormsofWar
    Participant
    @stormsofwar

Hey everyone, I’ve wanted this tattoo for years now, but my finances are finally getting into some working order where this might be the year I get it. I have a chest piece and a tattoo on my left arm already, but I think I’m going to bite the bullet and get this one on my ribs. It’s pretty big, so it’s either my ribs or my back and since I like looking at my tattoos, my back isn’t really an option. Long story short, here are my questions.

1) About how long should this take? I know it’s detailed so I’m expecting it to take 15+ hours. I just figured I’d get a more definitive answer from people who are more knowledgeable.
    2) About how much should I expect it to cost? I’m from Long Island, NY if that helps. I’m guessing $2k- $2,500, but again, this is just an estimate.

I know the best person to ask is the artist, but I haven’t had time to find an artist due to work and school. I’m definitely looking to find someone with a certain tattooing style, so it’s going to take some time to find someone I’m comfortable with. Well, here it is in all of its demonic glory. Thanks in advance-

Bloodthirster.jpg

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Between 10 to 30 hours $1500 to $5000
    DARWIN ENRIQUEZ

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Go track down Paul Booth.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Nice artwork!

Personally, I’d put that on my back.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

I like the reference pic 🙂

check out my signature link below on a PC 🙂

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

Jose Perez Jr. Also Marcus Blanchard.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@poxphobia 141229 wrote:

Go track down Paul Booth.

Probably the most overrated tattooist in my book.

Asenath83
    Participant
    @asenath83

Agreed, a design like that looks much better when it’s big, so my vote goes for back rather than rib

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@buttwheat 141234 wrote:

Probably the most overrated tattooist in my book.

I agree with this, although he did do a lot for using an unusual style but I don’t particularly think his work is that great.

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

@peterpoose 141251 wrote:

I agree with this, although he did do a lot for using an unusual style but I don’t particularly think his work is that great.

Though he is highly over priced, he was and always will be a pioneer in b/g. So many people have copied and emulated his style. I agree his work isn’t what it used to be, but his paintings are still top notch.

StormsofWar
    Participant
    @stormsofwar

Thanks for the replies everyone. Again, I hide my tattoos. I get them for me and me alone. I don’t like showing them off or getting questions about them. I agree, it would make a great back piece, but if they’re on my back then I can’t see them and to me, that defeats the whole purpose of getting them.

I spoke to someone Thursday and he estimates 15 -20 hours at $150 an hour. He’ll only do 2 hour sessions every 3 weeks, so that makes it better for my budget and schedule.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Name and link to chosen tattooist please

StormsofWar
    Participant
    @stormsofwar

Jared Stromber
    Empire State Tattoo Studio » Jared Stomber
    Definitely not set in stone, but this is the guy they had available for me.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Good choice should be just fine

StormsofWar
    Participant
    @stormsofwar

@buttwheat 141279 wrote:

Good choice should be just fine

Are you familiar with him or his work? I don’t know too much about tattooists

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.