boliboliboliboli
    Participant
    @boliboliboliboli

Hey i’m new here and plannig to do my first tattoo.
    I’m a noob in terms of tattoes. So don’t know what to put on.
    The place of the scar is in an awkward position i guess.

Anyone have a tip for me?

Thanks

20140511105325-1.jpg

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

The scar looks fairly flat so it should be fine to tattoo over.
    A couple things to keep in mind when you want to tattoo over a scar; The scar should be at least a year old, preferably even more. This is to ensure that the skin has healed properly over it, if it still gets red, it’s not healed enough. I’ve had surgery scars tattooed over, one was no problem at all, but the other one I did have trouble with right after the surgery (my sutures broke and I got nerve damage due to an infection in the wound), now that scar on the other hand…. Hell on earth. It’s been 6 years and the skin is still far too fragile to properly hold a tattoo, not to mention it hurts so horribly bad over the spots with nerve damage :p

And, if it’s a keloid scar. If it stands out etc it will be harder to tattoo over, again, it depends on the scar.

Hard to tell on yours due to the low quality of the picture, but I think you should be fine.

boliboliboliboli
    Participant
    @boliboliboliboli

@poxphobia 140009 wrote:

The scar looks fairly flat so it should be fine to tattoo over.
    A couple things to keep in mind when you want to tattoo over a scar; The scar should be at least a year old, preferably even more. This is to ensure that the skin has healed properly over it, if it still gets red, it’s not healed enough. I’ve had surgery scars tattooed over, one was no problem at all, but the other one I did have trouble with right after the surgery (my sutures broke and I got nerve damage due to an infection in the wound), now that scar on the other hand…. Hell on earth. It’s been 6 years and the skin is still far too fragile to properly hold a tattoo, not to mention it hurts so horribly bad over the spots with nerve damage :p

And, if it’s a keloid scar. If it stands out etc it will be harder to tattoo over, again, it depends on the scar.

Hard to tell on yours due to the low quality of the picture, but I think you should be fine.

Hey, thanks for you post.

I had surgery 3-4 years ago. The scar is really flat as said already, but it becomes red under the sun ofcourse, but i guess that’s normal.
    Now i’m looking what to put on. It’s a awkward place to put a tattoo. The scar is a little of bit oval so i might put a banana or something 🙂 (kidding).

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!

What are you into?
    I like natural stuff; Plants, flowers, vines, reptiles, and seafood.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@Sam-I-Am 140012 wrote:

Welcome to the forum!

What are you into?

You planning on getting a seafood tattoo Sam ?

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

I have the lobster. working on the stingray, and no doubt some shrimp and scallops will be showing up in the future.

boliboliboliboli
    Participant
    @boliboliboliboli

@Sam-I-Am 140012 wrote:

Welcome to the forum!

What are you into?

Yeah maybe plants, nature. I exclude any animals except northern america, europe forest mummals (wolf, bear, fox,…).
    No sharks, fish, seafood,…
    Maybe greek mytical creatures. I thoght about phoenix (fire) feather.
    Maybe something like this (but LOT SMALLER), but i guess is hard to cover the scar with all the gaps:
    6a2134a4a6a2f413a15f06a8.jpg

Guardian29
    Participant
    @guardian29

You’d be surprised, I bet you that would cover the scar more than you think. It doesn’t even necessarily have to be 100% covered, something like that draws the attention away from the scar and I guarantee you would not notice it. I mean YOU would, but anyone who is unaware of it would not.

boliboliboliboli
    Participant
    @boliboliboliboli

That would be great. Do you have an example?

0hmanda
    Participant
    @0hmanda

@boliboliboliboli 140016 wrote:

Yeah maybe plants, nature. I exclude any animals except northern america, europe forest mummals (wolf, bear, fox,…).
    No sharks, fish, seafood,…
    Maybe greek mytical creatures. I thoght about phoenix (fire) feather.
    Maybe something like this (but LOT SMALLER), but i guess is hard to cover the scar with all the gaps:

Normally I don’t like tattoos that just seem like an arbitrary design to me, but I really like the photo that you posted. If you like it, I think you should definitely try to do something similar to it, because it would definitely be able to cover the scar, especially if you make it clear to your artist that that’s what you’re trying to do.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

I’d actually advise against a black and white design type tattoo. Anything with a focus on symmetry and simplicity is going to make your scar look like a livid mess. Deviation and symmetry are not buddies. Talking to an artist is the best start, but I’d advise with something complex with a lot of color.

boliboliboliboli
    Participant
    @boliboliboliboli

@GrayCatLove 140216 wrote:

I’d actually advise against a black and white design type tattoo. Anything with a focus on symmetry and simplicity is going to make your scar look like a livid mess. Deviation and symmetry are not buddies. Talking to an artist is the best start, but I’d advise with something complex with a lot of color.

Yeah my artist also said it’s better if we do a colour tattoo (Red-Orange).

boliboliboliboli
    Participant
    @boliboliboliboli

First part is over.
    In couple of weeks he’ll finish the flame with the yellow colour. And shading ofcourse.
    tatu.jpg

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Looks good, keep us posted.

boliboliboliboli
    Participant
    @boliboliboliboli

Hey. How’s with the sweating? How many days you have to be still. I’m a sports addict…
    Someone say that you shouldn’t use sope to wipe the tattoo.. is this true? Sorry i’m a noob.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.