VJ6
Participant
@vj6

Hey guys, so my name is VJ and I just got my first tattoo.

I didn’t know what I wanted at first and I always dreamed of getting one. It took me a long time to actually go and do it.
What I initially wanted was a Koi fish, I found the design and done it the next day. here is an image..

10277068_716018975104084_1142938635968958639_n.jpg

I didn’t exactly like the exact waves so I didn’t get it done on my version.
Here is my version..

10405568_716018938437421_5768568663482377277_n.jpg

10308061_716018931770755_6190130228300224737_n.jpg

It lasted longer than usual because I was moving around a lot. It hurt like a bitch, but I thought I did well for a first timer. About 3 weeks later I went to get it shaded in and gave it a few touch ups.

Here is a few images of how it looked 3 weeks later.

10367588_716018965104085_7219885126051605363_n.jpg

1981941_716018945104087_6589389775975668064_n.jpg

10363630_716018935104088_3043111334749975927_n.jpg

Please note that when the tattoo is finished healing it would not be this red, The tattoo colour is black and grey. However I really like this red ”fresh” look, isit possible to go over the shaded skin again and make it look like this? Oh and also, what’s this colour called? I heard it’s called cherry grey but when I googled it nothing came up.

Well anyways my initial plan is to get my lotuses shaded a ”cherry greyish” colour and add more however I can’t think of anything amazing to add. I don’t want more water because water is pretty bland and basic. I want this to be quite a busy sleeve. I can’t fit much on either because of my slimness.

Any opinions on what I should add and what I should think of doing?

Oh and also, feel free to say hi. I’m new here 🙂

oilslicked
Participant
@oilslicked

Hey dude. I’m new too. you got balls going straight for a sleeve imo. I couldn’t do that unless I cemented a plan for my arms/let alone my whole body first.

What kinda stuff you like? Have a dragon wind around your arm to meet this koi fish. On this dragon is a neptune-style fish with Crown and Trident. The vicious hunter – his mouth gaped open like a carp. Also I don’t think you should try to keep the red-look you get from a fresh tattoo. It’ll just look bruised in the end. good luck.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Started off with some rough line work but it pulled together pretty well.
Just a note that is one of the easiest (pain wise) to get tattooed.

VJ6
Participant
@vj6

Thanks, I want to add more but im not sure what im after yet. I feel like I look too plain atm though

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

Welcome. It looks like you have a decent start there, and many options for the rest of your arm. I’m going to assume that at least some of the shaky lines are from you moving around.

If you can’t sit still to have a spot like that done then you better learn to suck it up, buttercup, before you continue. Wait until you get to some of the more tender areas. Outside of the arm, that’s about a 2 on the tattoo pain scale. When you get to the ditch … then you can say that it hurt and I’ll believe you.

Remember, every time that you move YOU are responsible for making the artist’s job harder. They cannot be expected to do their best work unless you do your part. If you are a good client and they are excited to work on your project they will put a lot into it. If you are a pain in the butt, they will just want to get it done and over as quickly as possible.

BTW am I missing something? I don’t see any lotus flowers?? Those appear to be cherry blossoms.

Good luck with it. And keep showing us pictures!

oilslicked
Participant
@oilslicked

@Call_me_Lola 139947 wrote:

Wait until you get to some of the more tender areas. Outside of the arm, that’s about a 2 on the tattoo pain scale. When you get to the ditch … then you can say that it hurt and I’ll believe you.

Curious about this pain scale. Where do the stomach and ribs lie on this scale.

VJ6
Participant
@vj6

Ah sweet, loving the opinions. I do like a dragon idea however I wouldn’t want the hassle of it. Many people get mistaken for something else or someone else because of them. It saves me the trouble in the long run. I definitely want a sleeve, I just dont know of what :(. Slow and steady wins the racr though!

VJ6
Participant
@vj6

Thanks lola for the respecful reply, I do agree with you. Many of the shaky lines was because of me. It was my first tattoo and many needles that was used was thin fine lines. I think my artist mentioned it was a 3 needle… if that makes sense? The ditch was the most hard part. Not to mention we also worked out way up our arm which made it even worst. The shading however was very relaxing. That on a pain scale was pretty much nothing, I took it and moved on. Do you think it came out okay with the shading?

Oh and yeah, my bad. They’re cherry blossoms not a lotus flower. Can u edit the original?

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

Did your tattoo shrink after you got home? Because it is not near the dreaded “ditch”. The area that I was referring to is the crease on the inside of your elbow. (The back of the knee would also be a “bitch” … oops … I mean “ditch”.)

If you google “tattoo pain scale” or “tattoo pain map” images you can get an idea of the differences between areas.

Oilslicked – I haven’t experienced the stomach. I have one that goes up my side to my ribs, but by some miracle it seemed to miss all the nerve clusters there, so it wasn’t as bad as I had expected. I did tap out once, after only 90 minutes on my waist. That spot was bad. In fact it is the peacock head in my avatar that is up there on my ribs, and the session where I tapped out was shading and colouring his wings and back.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@Call_me_Lola 139954 wrote:

(The back of the knee would also be a “bitch” … oops … I mean “ditch”.)

Sorry Lola. You were right the first time! Worst spot so far.

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

Congratulations with your new koi.

5085675.gif

VJ6
Participant
@vj6

@Call_me_Lola 139954 wrote:

Did your tattoo shrink after you got home? Because it is not near the dreaded “ditch”. The area that I was referring to is the crease on the inside of your elbow. (The back of the knee would also be a “bitch” … oops … I mean “ditch”.)

If you google “tattoo pain scale” or “tattoo pain map” images you can get an idea of the differences between areas.

Oilslicked – I haven’t experienced the stomach. I have one that goes up my side to my ribs, but by some miracle it seemed to miss all the nerve clusters there, so it wasn’t as bad as I had expected. I did tap out once, after only 90 minutes on my waist. That spot was bad. In fact it is the peacock head in my avatar that is up there on my ribs, and the session where I tapped out was shading and colouring his wings and back.

Oh right, i see what you mean. What i meant was the ditch between my chest and arm is. The kois face and the cherry blossom beside it. Have you got any pics of your tattos? post em up!

VJ6
Participant
@vj6

Thanks bud

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

@VJ6 1399 wrote:

Oh right, i see what you mean. What i meant was the ditch between my chest and arm is. The kois face and the cherry blossom beside it. Have you got any pics of your tattos? post em up!

I added a few recent pics to my album. Sorry, no pics of the peacock. To see him you have to at least buy me dinner. (or get me drunk. :o)

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@Call_me_Lola 139961 wrote:

Sorry, no pics of the peacock. To see him you have to at least buy me dinner. (or get me drunk. :o)

Sounds reasonable!

Dinner and a hockey game?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.